7. Runaway Princesses

Rosanna's P. O. V:

I took a break during the whole explanation. Painfully letting it sink. Sinking into the back of my head, where I tried to forget one less tears inducing fact.

Just the thought of my parents not knowing I existed or the bonds I had fading in a day made my heart clench painfully. My eyes are puffy and my throat is hoarse. The whole crying earlier did a number on me. And I don't want a repeat.

Knowing the reason for my tears is just because some useless Galaxy association wanted a slave. Just because, I read a f*cking book.

I prided myself in being optimistic. But some brain cells are really tossing optimism in the trash. Submitting to the new king in town; Depression. It sucked. And I knew hope had to be rekindled.

Opening the fridge and getting some grapes out, I washed them as my mind swayed here and there. Soon after I began eating in silence. The once peaceful silence becoming a foe than the friend I formerly adored.

It gave room for more thoughts. And I'd gladly take up a distraction.

Thankfully, 'Rosanna' received some good care from the orphanage. As told by the System- Konah. So I have a bit of cash in my account given for my journey to college.

Or I'd wonder how to get food. The ones in the house are nearly emptied- thanks to my stress eating.

I sighed recalling the various conversations I had with Konah. Explaining the <Skills> I had. Of which <appraisal> was the only and freely gifted one by the organization.

Ability to appraise common details of countless objects. I did tests on random objects, figuring the whole use of the skill. It was effective. I tried it on the uniform, it worked. Then on the shoes too but not on the necklace.

Ah, the necklace.

My cheat code for power leveling. A golden chain not far off from the length of a choker attached to an unknown gem being the color of the galaxy.

I could say if this was to be placed with a price, it'd be the most expensive assessory I've ever gotten.

The gem is the size of a small tear drop. Looking so shiny and glassy. While the golden chain being a small but articulate design.

Following Konah's instruction, I hooked it on my neck saying the magic words:

'Activate; Space'

Not really necessary but chants apparently makes all spells easier especially for beginners.

The necklace was a pocket dimension with rich uncontaminated Mana. The shock when I stepped on grassy plains was an understatement to the word 'shock' itself.

No, one does not go from normal to abnormal in a day and assume they've seen it all.

More so, looking at the Sky without a sun.

The pocket dimension had trees, springs and all the natural beauty but lacked living species. No animals, or insects. Just beautiful and dead.

The time ratio in that dimension to reality was 1:10. And there a mountain of books resided close to my view.

They were all beginner magic books. To teach me Magic and Mana introduction. And countless other survival records for newbies in the exposed magic world.