42. Tressia

R O S A N N A' S   P. O. V:

Walking outside the tent, I saw my surroundings were like last time, but with the existence of a few tents set up in the distance. Similar to Kairos' but smaller in sizes.

Students were outside, with a myriad of expressions. Some looking drained, tired, nonchalant, neutral and others looking happy go lucky.

Now, the freaky ones are the happy ones. Note to self: don't trust the smiles, especially when they can go through such sadistic sh*t and look so bright. They ain't normal, bro.

While it was abnormal that I came out from the tent with Kairos, I didn't realize the abnormality till people's gazes began to settle in on Kairos' figure and mine.

Elan's teasing stare seemed to hint at something, Naiyah looking like an icicle and Pearce looking genuinely intrigued.

I tried not to be bothered about the stares of numerous students but analysing team Alpha's was almost instinctive. I just cared that much. Since our lives were kind of entwined, and the protagonist halo made me notice them first.

Drake spotted a sly and equally teasing expression like Elan, and a frown was etched on my face instantly.

Perhaps feeling my change of mood, Kairos gave a side glance at me and in that little second, I seemed to receive a comforting message. And it made me calm significantly.

Straightening up my posture, I moved near Aniysa's figure, the red haired girl staring back at me with a questioning look and I shrugged, separating from Kairos as the latter walked to the middle of our group.

I took a sit besides Aniysa just as Kairos stopped at the center of the scattered group of students, taking his position as our teacher and figure of authority.

“Asa?” Kairos called out. The physically cute human stepped out and stood a few steps near Kairos, answering.

“Sir?” With a slight bow, showing a respectful and amiable front. Blue hair shining softly under the glow of the moonlight.

'Mwah! Mwah! Perfait acting skills! Je ne peux pas comparer'.

Is this the guy with devious intent? Wow. But I always knew cute eyed blue guy was a secret psychopath!

Watching his Simulation was an eye opener in our last class. The brutality and cruelty showed during that test incited tingles in my body when I recalled the bloody scene.

Kairos lifted his gaze from Asa and stared ahead, addressing us. “Class 33A, meet your Class representative. I expect you all to cooperate with Asa and seek him out if you all encounter any problems concerning this course.”

Then without waiting for any response whatever, he turned his gaze to Asa.

“Lecture begins now. If the others are yet to awaken after half an hour, send them to the school's clinic and simply guide them on how to access the online session. Good?”

“Understood, sir.” Asa responded with a nod and Kairos turned his back on him, the blue haired boy retreating back to his seat on the grass.

“What you all experienced today was not a Simulation.” Kairos' voice became louder, as he assumed the pose of a teacher. Hands behind back and posture upright. Walking in slow cyclical steps as his eyes met each and every one of us.