chapter nine : yun

cw : implied attempted rape, graphic murder

                                            **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

there was blood drying under kuchel's fingernails, and she didn't know who it belonged to.

the rage was intense, encasing her whole being, lighting her up, she didn't have time to think, to watch, to wait, she just moved and struck.

the axe in her hand felt heavy, but it wasn't because of the metal, it was because of the blood dripping off it, soaking the damp grass below, the weight of someone else's life in her hands.

the rage felt good, natural. she bared her teeth like a feral animal and ran.

the feeling of it sinking and lodging its place in the back of the mans skull felt victorious, and watching the life and blood drain out was a reward.

she could've choked him, watch the will seep out of his body, his eye vessels pop under the pressure, but she thought the man didn't deserve that. he didn't deserve to see who killed him.

the axe was stuck in his head, refusing to pull out. in the end, she had to put a foot against his mangled skull and push while pulling, blood spurting out, a downpour for survivors.

the other girl was still laying on the ground, panting, weighed down by the dead body on top of her.

juniper stared at kuchel, horrified, but also relieved, and scared, yet pleased.

she reached out a bloody hand to juniper, stained crimson, but she took it anyway, heaving herself up, the dead man falling to the floor, limp.

the pride in kuchel's chest was ugly and bitter as she stared at him. it gnawed at her, eating away at her innocence.

juniper had not yet let go of her hand. the blonde had never felt more dirty in her entire life. she could bathe in all the waters of their world, and it would still not wash away what that man had tried to do to her.

she looked at kuchel, who was still peering at the body, and studied her.

her nose was crooked, healed imperfectly from the blow her father had laid on her two months ago. juniper felt guilty knowing she would never grow out of it. she was covered in blood, and juniper didn't want to know whose it was.

she tugged at the girls hand, feeling the warm blood seeping onto her own.

kuchel walked with her, still looking back at the man. she had never felt more alive than in the moment when she was taking another's life.

she was happy. she wasn't a murderer, she was a winner.

she tore her gaze away and looked down at her free hand.

there was blood drying under kuchel's fingernails, and she didn't know who it belonged to.

                                            **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

the courtroom felt stuffy, filled with too many bodies and opinions.

kuchel peered around from her stance next to erwin and her father, thinking.

the last time i was here was four years ago

the doors banged open, and eren yeager was lead in by two guards towards the centre of the room.