chapter fourteen : japan

cw : talks of some pretty disturbing crimes, implied child death, honestly just death in general, underage drinking, underage smoking, 

                                            **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"today, we are here for the expected and mandatory hearing of cadet kuchel from the 104th cadet corps and the survey regiment. with this courts permission - and only this courts permission - may she be allowed into wall sina to attend the capital's council meeting that has been scheduled by the military police this afternoon,"

the rest of the courtroom was silent as the judge spoke.

"we will go over the pervious offences of the criminal and thereby make a judgment of wether permission will be granted,"

his voice was in a bored tone, the lines rehearsed, falling from his lips like a broken record player.

"you may all be seated,"

the surrounding witness' took their seats at the sides.

on kuchel's left from where she stood in the centre of the room, handcuffed, there was the military police - such as nile dawk and pastor nick, and on her left was the survey regiment - having just the commander present.

"you are kuchel, yes?" the judge asked, looking at the girl.

"yes, sir,"

"and are you aware of what we will be going over here today in this court and the standard procedures?"

"yes, sir,"

kuchel remembered standing here many times before, hearing the judge as the same questions and responding with the same answers.

"in the reports, it is said here that you were prosecuted four years ago under the crime of spree-killing, which included members of the military police, collateral damage and unlawful euthanasia, as well as several cases of all the following - arson, amicicide, battery, aggravated assault, burglary, geronticide, probation violation, disorderly conduct, public intoxication, robbery, drug manufacturing and cultivation, drug possession, drug distribution, shoplifting, solicitation, tax evasion, identity fraud and vandalism,"

kuchel tried to stop herself from smiling, but the list just went on and on.

"you pleaded guilty to all of these charges without argue four years ago and have agreed to the conditions of your probation - including the process in which this court is to stop you at anytime from entering wall sina - which is what we are here for today. nile dawk, please say your part,"

"sir," the man stood up, earnest look on his face to leave and get it over with as quickly as possible, "due to all of these crimes, which she has been convicted of - the military police do not believe that she should be allowed in wall sina for this council as she is a danger to herself and others,"

the judge hummed before turning to erwin.

"commander erwin smith, speak your defence,"

"sir, kuchel has filled her duty of eight months of imprisonment and community service once she was convicted of these crimes. she has not broken her probation since and has joined the scout regiment as we agreed - so she is under constant surveillance by me,"

"and has kuchel ever been accused with insubordination?"

"no, sir. she is an exemplary solider who devotes her whole heart to the cause of humanity,"