chapter eighteen : christmas-kids

cw : very underage heroin use (just don't do heroin please??? thats so fucking stupid guys), very graphic child death and gore (yeah its pretty bad this one)

                                                        SEASON THREE

                                                **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"wha' are you drawin'?"

"a sad little gay clown tha' would piss you off,"

"excellent self portrait, june,"

"y'know - why is it never you kinds of kids that go missing?"

juniper and kuchel giggled at caven's comment, still sitting on the desk that she was currently working at.

kuchel then swivelled around, crossing her legs and facing the manager.

"traute-,"

"-caven, kuchel - you call me caven-,"

"-can i cut your hair?"

the woman paused at this, looking up from her sheet of fights for that week to stare at the eleven year old who was sitting on her desk like she bought it.

"...why?"

"you'd look cute," juniper cut in, tossing her head back and looking at caven upside down - clearly growing bored with her drawings that she was sticking up all around the room.

the older blonde narrowed her eyes at the pair.

"fine - but only if i get to see therese's book,"

"deal!"

caven had been with the group for almost a year now - and had grown to become someone they could try as a group.

she would buy them food, give the kids spare change out of her back pocket, and also look after clementine and dixie's newborn, tallulah.

therese was just outside of the office, and at junipers call she came running in.

"show caven some secrets,"

therese sat down on the floor near the desk chair at caven's feet before fishing out the small notebook from her back pocket.

"right - who do you wann know 'bout?"

caven let out a deep sigh in thought before speaking up - "got anything on wald baruto?"

"the lord? in wall rose?" kuchel asked, confused.

"mhm," caven answered, looking down as therese shuffled through the pages.

she stopped and pointed, "yep - wald baruto - apparently, he likes takin' it up the ass,"

the four burst out in laughter at the confession.

"right, right," caven huffed, calming down, "erm...keith shadis,"

"he's a...scout leader for the trainee regiment - an' he used to be in love with a waitress called...'carla', i think? bu' she got married to someone else,"

junipers face fell, "tha' ones jus' sad,"

"erwin smith,"

kuchel felt herself tense up at caven's next request, ignoring the look juniper gave her at her side.