21 // 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯
21
[target]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I WALK AROUND THE COMMUNITY, WITH CARL AS HE HANDED HIS HAT TO ME. I put in on and gave him a smirk.

"Look, I'm Carl Grimes and I'm a dumbass," I said. He shoved me lightly while we walked around the houses. I haven't thought about what happened yesterday but I didn't put any thought into it. I planned to not talk to Ron at all. He needs to know that I'm not going to forgive him for every single mistake he makes. Even the same ones he said he was sorry for.

You are an idiot." He said as he snatched his hat back from me.

"Aw cmon I like the hat," I whined in a child-like voice.

"Fine, you can wear it, it looks better on you." He said as he gave me a genuine smile.

"Is Carl Grimes flirting with me?" I asked. He smirked and shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe come and find out." He said as he held out his hand. I shook my head and took his hand. We began to run through the community as we laughed and laughed. I looked at him as he looked at me. He gave me a smile that I couldn't forget and I just laughed as I ran ahead of him. I accidentally bumped into someone and looked up. It was Rick and he gave me a look. Oh shit.

"Hey Rick, um sorry for bumping into you. It was a pure accident." I said nervously as I got up.

"No worries and you were the kid I was looking for, could you help me teach some of the kids, and adults, how to shoot a gun?" He asked.

"Yeah of course, if Carl can help also?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's fine." He said. I dragged Carl along with me and he almost tried not to fall. We stopped at Jessie's house and I swallowed. Jessie opened the door and smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked.

"Ron was wanting to learn how to shoot, so we're here to show him," Rick said. I smiled at Jessie as Ron came to the door.

"Hey, Rick." He saw me and his face softened. I gave him a blank stare and began to walk away. Rick caught up with me, while Ron and Carl talked.

"So, what's up with you and Ron?" He asked.

"Nothing, everything is fine," I said.

"Well when you say it like that, nothing is fine." He said.

"It's just something he said, that's all. Now let's drop it and leave it alone." I said. We finally reached the practice sight and I sat down on one of the metal sheets. I zoned out most of what Rick was telling Ron. It was all bullshit to me, but I was more focused on Carl's eyes.

"You'll be scared," Carl said. I shook my head and looked over at Ron. He was staring at me, not saying anything.

"What?" I asked.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" He asked.

"What do you think genius?" I asked.

"Look, I'm sorry again for calling you that. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't have said that. I also shouldn't have said that you would've loved for him to rescue you." He said.

"You were right though... I would've loved it." I said. He shook his head at me as I did the same with him.

"Are we just going to ignore that or what?" Carl asked.

"Shut up and keep on doing what you're doing," I said.

"I'm not doing anything." He said.

"Exactly," I replied. He rolled his eyes and Ron tucked his gun in his waistband.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I stood in Jessie's kitchen, cleaning some of the dishes and looking out the window. It was almost sunset and the weather was beautiful. I heard a knock on the door and I ran to it.

"I got it!" I yelled. I opened it and it was Carol.

"Oh hey Carol, what's up?" I asked.

"Do you think you or Jessie can watch Judith? I got an errand to run." She asked.

"Yeah sure, I can ask Jessie since I planned to find Ron and hang out with him for a bit, Jessie?" I yelled for her and she appeared around the corner.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked.

"Do you think you can watch Judith for a bit, Carol has to run an errand," I said. She walked over and came to the door.

"Yeah of course, would you like to come in?" She asked. Carol nodded and came in while I came out.

"I'll see you around Carol," I said. I closed the door and walked away. The sun beamed onto my face as sweat appeared on my face. It was warm and humid. I saw Rick talking to one of the guys and I waved to them, he waved back and smiled. I walked around and saw Carl just walking. I gave him a smile and he smiled back. I walked past him and saw Ron beginning to grab something. My eyes went wide at what he was grabbing and I tackled him quietly. He began to squirm but I got him to stop.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"What I should've done in the first place." He said.

"Nope. You are not going to kill anyone. Remember how I tried to kill your dad but you stopped me? You said that he was your father and that you cared about him. So I'm not going to let you kill someone I care about very much." I said.

"Even though you've only known him for 2 weeks?" He said.

"More like all my life! I've known this kid since he was out of diapers. Yes, I know that sounds weird but I don't care. You are not going to hurt him." I whispered. I got up from the ground and wiped all the dirt off me. I looked up and saw a cluster of green balloons floating up in the air. Glenn.

I heard a creaking noise coming from one of the towers. I looked over and saw it slowly falling. My eyes went wide as I slowly stepped back. Ron stepped back with me as we both knew what was going to happen. The tower finally fell and it was silence. Dust covered most of the surrounding area, then the sound of growling and screeching came from the shadows and they flooded in. I ran in the opposite direction as well as Ron. I went inside Jessie's house and locked the door.

"What about my mom?" He asked.

"Honey I'm in here, what's going on?" She asked.

"The tower fell, and walkers are flooding in," I said. Her eyes went wide as a scared look appeared on her face.

"We need to get Rick and everyone else in here."

"The whole community can't fit in here," I said.

"Well at least try to make room for most of them." She said. She walked out the door and screamed for Rick. He was out there with, Michonne, Carl, Deanna, and Gabriel. They came in and as they all came in, Rick closed the door. We began to barricade the windows and entrances that are open. I was genuinely scared at this moment. I thought I was going to die. I began to hyperventilate and collapsed to the ground.

"Quinn, Quinn breathe," Jessie said as she came to my side.

"I-I don't want to die..." I said as I began to go faster.

"You're not going to die," Carl said as he came by my other side. "You've survived all this for 3 years... you're not going to die now." He said. I began to slow down and he grabbed my hand.

"We're all going to survive." He said. I stopped hyperventilating and sighed.

"We're not going die," I said as I got up.