25 // 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯
25
[glare]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━I SAT ON THE PORCH AS I WATCHED THE BIRDS FLY BY

I SAT ON THE PORCH AS I WATCHED THE BIRDS FLY BY.  The wind blew through my hair as I stared at the white sky. Nothing better to do than to just sit and think. The same thought appeared in my head, that night. I shook my head and tried to think about something else, like what I should do today, since Carl is busy with Enid. The familiar face passed by, kicking rocks.

I got up and ran over to the brown-headed boy.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He said as he continued to stare at the ground.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I asked. He looked up and me and sighed.

"I don't think Enid likes me." He said.

"Don't be stupid, she likes you. As a friend at least." I said.

"She barely even talks to me." He said.

"So? She's still getting used to you, now being the only boy our age." I said. He sighed.

"I feel like that night was my fault." He said as he scratched his neck. I swallowed and sighed.

"It wasn't your fault Carl, the pressure got to them. Especially Ron." I said as I rubbed my arm.

"Do you sometimes... wish you had one more day them?" He asked. Oh I would wish to have a million more days with them.

"Yeah, I would be able to tell them how they make me feel." I said. He smiled and nudged me.

"Do you, maybe wanna hang out today?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. First small steps into me full out spilling out what I want to say to him.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Me and Carl sat in his room, playing speed (this is a card game where you have to put the cards in order from least to greatest, I don't feel like going into full detail but that's all I can give to shorten it.) I swiftly placed my cards as fast I could before he could move. I eventually finished my cards and placed my last cards on the deck.

"How are you so good at this?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess I just got some skills that you don't have." I said as I stick my tongue out at him. He laughed as I laughed with him. I grabbed the cards and made them nice and neat.

"One more round or just chill." I asked.

"Just chill." He said.

"Cool, because my hands were getting sore." I said. I sat on his bed as he did as well. We sat there not saying anything, but it soon became kinda awkward. I looked away, trying to get a good image of his room. I looked back at him, then his hair. It was getting long, but i didn't care, I liked it a lot.