Chapter ten

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

"Jayla!" Mrs Costell boomed causing her daughter's eyes to snap wide open and she grumbled.

"Go away mama I'm trying to sleep." She mumbled, nuzzling further into her comfortable pillow. Her  alarm still did not go off. So  she was savouring the time.

Figuring this was her mother speaking to her in her dream, jayla shrugged her off dozing off once again.

Suddenly Jayla felt her legs being tugged from the bed. And  found herself flat on the cold carpet floor of her bedroom.

"Cause I ain't the one." Her mama remarked as she groaned in agony, peeling her body off the floor assuredly awake by now.

Yep meet Mama Costell. She was notorious for randomly showing up out of the blue, just to check on her daughter and grandson.

Although she lived like 15 minutes away from her. She acted as if Jayla and Jacob lived in a whole different state.

Barely coming to visit because, she claimed that if she stayed around too long. She  would get upset about how Jayla was so naive to think that dave change.

"What are you even doing here." Jayla huffed stretching her body. Causing  her shirt to rise up.

Showcasing, her favourite bible verse. Psalm 46:5 that was tattooed alongside her ribcage.

Mama Costell just eyed her up and down." Is that what you sleep in?"

Perplexed, Jayla glanced down to see that she was wearing her black lacy  underwear, with a black wife beater.

Without a bra, so yes everything was on display,

"See this is what we're not finna do. This is my house therefore, I'm not gonna allow you to control what I wear in it." Jayla declared going into her bathroom. To change and get ready for the day.

Her mother was a control freak and always wanted to control her.

As you can see  partially, this is what  drove her away from home. Due  to her mothers overbearing behaviour.

Once she got out, she made her way downstairs to see her mother had already tided her living room and cooked her breakfast.

"Mama...You didn't have to do all that." Jayla sighed contended. With  how much of a sweetheart her mother was.

Although the two didn't see eye to eye all the time, no matter the circumstances Neveah would also look out for her baby girl.

"Oh hush Jay, I know when you're going through something. I don't know what exactly but, when you're ready to open up you tell me." Neveah encouraged and Jayla nods taking a seat on table.

After saying a quick prayers, the two began to eat up and until Jayla realised the time.

"Oh. I gotta head out." Jayla stood up from the chair, making her mother raise an eyebrow.