CHAPTER SIX

May 10, 1984

Eddie rewound the tape, and we sat back and watched the movie until the power went out. "Oh, come on!" I threw the blanket off of me and stood up. "You got flashlights?" Eddie asked, standing up with me. "Yeah, in the kitchen." It was completely dark in the house until lightning lit everything up. I quickly made my way around the couch and headed for the kitchen.

I felt around with my hands until I came to the drawer that held them and pulled it open. I grabbed one and turned around only to run into Eddie. "Shit! Sorry!" He gripped my arms to help steady me. I turned the flash light on and looked up at him. "We have some candles in the garage." Eddie looked down at me and nodded. "Lead the way, sweetheart." He moved to the side, and I walked around him.

I walked to the door that led into the garage and walked in. Eddie was behind me with the other flashlight, and he gasped. I turned around to see him looking at the collection of bikes my dad had. "Holy shit! I need to see this garage when the lights are back on." I rolled my eyes and went to where we kept extra batteries and stuff. I opened the cabinet and pulled out a few candles. "A little help!" I called over to him. "Right. Yeah!"

Eddie grabbed his light from his jacket pocket and helped light the candles. We set up a few in the kitchen and living room. We sat back down on the couch, and I sighed. "At least you're not alone." I looked over at Eddie and rolled my eyes for the millionth time. I did that a lot around him. "Yeah, I guess." I shivered, and he moved closer. "Come here."

I raised an eyebrow at him, and this time, he rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to do anything. Just come here." He lifted his arm, and I hesitatingly moved closer to him. He pulled the blanket so it was over the both of us, and he wrapped his arm around me. "So, when is your dad supposed to be back?" I looked up at him, "not until Sunday night." He hummed, eyes flicking down to my lips and back up.

"You should come with me to the hideout tomorrow night. You can watch me play and you won't be in this big house by yourself all alone." He pushed a strand of hair out of my face, eyes flicking down to my lips again and back up to look at me. "I don't know, Eddie. I don't think that's such a good idea." I moved away from him and to the other side of the couch, bringing my knees up close to my chest.

I don't know if he thought I was naive or just plain fucking stupid. I knew what he was trying to do. And although I kind of started to like Eddie more and more I wasn't going to be one of his play things. "Come on, sweetheart. I promise it'll be fun. I'll pick you up early and we can get something to eat, introduce you to the guys, then we can go to the hideout and you can watch me play. And maybe afterwards we can go to this little spot I know and just chill or we can come back here."

"I know what you're trying to do, Eddie. It's not going to work. I'm not going to have sex with you. The only reason I'm letting you stay here tonight is because you shouldn't be driving with how heavy this rain is coming down. I told Ms. Adler I'd help you pass the last two tests and the final and that's it. I'm not like those girls you mess around with behind their boyfriends backs. You can't just expect me to give it up to you."

"I'm not trying to get in your pants. I just want to spend time with you outside of studying." I raised my eyebrow at him and he sighed. "Alright! So I'm fucking attracted to you! I mean have you seen yourself? You're fucking beautiful. Not to mention you're like the only girl I know that likes the same music I do and isn't worried about messing her hair up or getting dirty. You don't give a fuck what people think about you. How can I not be attracted to you?"

"I'm not easy. Hell, I'm not even experienced, Eddie. I'm not like those other girls. I was homeschooled until we moved here. I've never had a boyfriend, I've never kissed someone and I definitely have never had sex." His eyebrows shot up as he looked at me in shock and disbelief. "You seriously have never had a boyfriend?" He asked. I shook my head, "little hard to do that when your dad is a rockstar and always on the road. Besides, the only reason someone would want to be with me or even be my friend would be because my dad's famous. They wouldn't care about me, they would only care about getting close to him. They would only want to be with me so they had bragging rights."

"You haven't even just fooled around with some random guy at one of your dad's concerts?" He asked. "Eddie, I was a fucking kid! And no, not even while we've been here. He took a break from touring so I could have a "normal" high school experience. And no offense but the guys here in Hawkins are all douchebags. Steve Harrington, grade A douchebag along with his little friends.

"I feel bad for his girlfriend Nancy. He only cares about his stupid fucking hair. Oh and that sophomore kid, Jason Carver. He's a douchebag too. And the new kid Billy Hargrove, although hot as hell, he's worse than you when it comes to have to fuck every girl in Hawkins High. Of course, they're willing to admit they were in the back of his camaro. No offense. I mean it's not fair people call you a freak because of what you like. I'm going to shut up now."

Eddie started laughing and shook his head. "Damn, sweetheart! Here I thought you didn't know shit about what goes on in our school. I guess it's true the ones who are the quietest are the ones who know more. You sit and watch and observe. And although I get what you're saying and I understand why you would think I just want in your pants to add another notch on my bedpost... I do actually enjoy hanging out with you.

"And just know I'm also not saying that because I'm a fan of your dad. I mean it's pretty fucking rad that you're dad's a fucking rockstar and shit but you're pretty fucking interesting on your own. I just thought we could spend time together outside of studying. It's better than sitting here all alone and bored. I promise I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable. I'll be on my best behavior and keep my hands to myself."

"Fine but if you do try something I will cut your fucking dick off, fry it up and force it down your throat." He held his hands then made a cross over his heart. "Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye...that I won't try anything! I like my dick attached to my body." I rolled my eyes and let out a little chuckle.

The lights flicked back on a few minutes later and then the phone rang shortly after that. "Hello?" I answered. "I've been trying to get a hold of you but the line has been busy! Are you okay? You better not have people over or a boy!" I waited until dad was done talking before I answered him. "The power went out, it's storming here. And yes I'm fine. No I don't have people over because I don't have friends. And Eddie is here. I didn't want him driving home with how heavy the rain was coming down."

"Hello, Mr. Hexley!" Eddie yelled from the living room. "He better be keeping his fucking hands to himself. Make a bed for him in the garage." I snorted and shook my head. "Oh, my god, dad! He's not a dog!" He grumbled something before saying, "just don't stay up all night and he better not step foot in your room." I nodded, "I know dad. I promise we aren't doing anything. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love you."