CHAPTER TWENTY

DAYTONA BEACH, FL
SPRING 1990

Daytona Beach, Florida. That's where we are currently at right now. Corroded Coffin has been number one of the charts for months. They had no problem booking places for concerts, which meant the tour continued. We did, however, have winter off. They guys were able to spend time with their families. Eddie and I hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas for the band and their families. Then Eddie had the bright idea to have a New Years party.

People we didn't even know showed up. The music was too loud, people were drinking heavily, and someone also brought drugs. Eddie and I had a huge fight after I caught him sitting on the couch with a few guys doing lines of cocaine. "It was just one hit, babe! It's nothing!" I ended up locking him out of our bedroom that night and found him and a bunch of other people sleeping downstairs. The house had been trashed inside and out.

Daytona Beach was their first stop. The tour was only going to be four weeks long, and then they were going to focus on making a new album. They had a bunch of interviews lined up for various talk shows and even MTV again. Some of those interviews would be taking place in between concerts. Vick, the band's managers, was also trying to set up so they could do a tour in Europe.

The partying never stopped though, and of course, with it being spring break, that's all they would be doing while we were here for two days. Today is Friday, and we just arrived at the hotel. I wanted nothing more than to get up to the room and sleep. Fans were posted outside the hotel screaming and crying. They begged for autographs, which some of them got. Eddie was always more than happy to give an adoring fan his autograph. I would normally stay by his side, smiling from how proud I was of him and the guys. But not tonight. Tonight, I just kept walking, Jay was right beside me, making sure no one touched me.

I'm the daughter of a rockstar, and a lot of people recognized me because of that. But now I'm the girlfriend of a rockstar. Girls were now jealous of that. They were jealous that I got to be with Eddie. Some of them loved us as a couple, and then some of them hated it, which meant they hated me. I've gotten dirty looks, and I've been spit on by jealous fans. Jay was always there to make sure they didn't get too close, though.

Once inside, Jay took care of checking us in and then led me up to the room. It was like any other room we've stayed in. A big suit. There was a living area, a small kitchen, and a bar. Then there was a door that connected to the bedroom where there was an ensuite bathroom. On the other side of the living room, space was another door with a smaller room and bathroom. That's where Jay would sleep. I never wanted him too far away. "You could have brought Anna along."

Anna was his wife. She also used to be my nanny. She was the sweetest woman I've ever met. She was short, probably about five-two, and petite, but very feisty. Jay was six-five with broad shoulders and huge arms. He was a fucking giant compared to Anna. But they bonded over the years when I was little. "She might join us later," he told me. I smiled at him and looked around the room.

"I'm going to take a nice long hot bath and then just relax for the rest of the night. You're free to do whatever it is you do." He smiled and nodded his head. I grabbed my bag, went into the bedroom, set it down, and headed for the ensuite bathroom. I walked over to the rub and turned the hot water on. They had lavender bath oil sitting on the counter so I put a little bit of that in there. When I stepped in and sank into the hot water the tension in my body slowly disappeared.

"Sweetheart!" I sighed and sank deeper into the water. I could hear him and Jay talking now. A short while later, the bathroom door opened and then closed again. "There you are. Why didn't you wait? I went to grab your hand, and you weren't there." I sighed, closing my eyes, and resting my head back. "I didn't feel like being spit on, having my hair pulled, or seeing the dirty looks your fans give me. I don't need to be there, Eddie."

"My fans love you. They wouldn't do that. You're being dramatic," He said. My eyes flew open and I looked at him. "Are you fucking blind? I've been spat on multiple times, I've had my hair pulled, and I've had some very unkind words screamed at me. But you're too busy soaking up the fame to notice. Just like you're too busy to notice that I'm not happy anymore!" I stood up, grabbed a towel, wrapped it around me, and pushed past him.

"That is such bullshit! You're just jealous that when I'm with my fans, all my attention is on them and not you! Little miss attention whore. Always need to be up my ass about everything!" I just stood there staring at me in disbelief. He didn't even notice because he was too busy ranting. "Bitch about me partying, drinking, smoking some weed here and there. God forbid some girl flirts with me! I could have any bitch I wanted, but I'm here with you! You should be fucking grateful!"

"Wow. Okay, well, don't worry about my jealous, clingy, ass being at the concert tomorrow night. You can go out and party, drink, get high, and I guess fuck who you want. You know seeing that I'm just a nuisance to you!" He threw up his hands and groaned. "You know what? I'm going out to the club with the guys tonight. Don't wait up!" He stormed past me and walked out the door.

I took a deep breath in and tried to stop the tears from coming. "Yn, are you alright?" I turned to look at Jay. Nothing needed to be said for him to grab the robe in the closet and rush over to me. He wrapped it around me and caught me as I sank to the floor. Eddie and I have fought plenty as of late, but nothing was ever as bad as this.