Chapter 20

I got to school, immediately I was hit with confetti.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG" My friends and random people shouted.

"Wooo" Tolkien said as he walked towards me and put a crown on me.

They all had party hats on, even random people in the hall. We walked down the hall and immediately people handed me cards and gifts.

...Tweek POV

"What's going on" I asked Butters as a bunch of people crowded around someone.

"Oh, it's Craig's birthday" He smiled.

I grew worried, all these people with gifts. Butters opened his locker and took out a birthday card.

"You're his friend, didn't you get him something?" He asked awkwardly.

"He already gave his gift a little...early, if you know what I mean" Kenny said as he walked up and ruffled Butters' hair.

"Hey Ken" He laughed.

"It's at my house, I couldn't bring it to school" I grew anxious.

The mob began to walk. I caught a glimpse of Craig. He looked at me and waved. I waved back but was immediately blocked by people.

"It's like his birthday is a holiday" Kenny laughed.

"Like if he's Santa giving free gifts" Butters added.

"Santa isn't real" (Kenny)

"You don't know that" Butters said as he closed his locker.

"He isn't real, it's physically impossible" (Kenny)

"But he is magic" Butters said as he and Kenny walked away.

Time Skip, Craig POV

The final bell rang. Clyde and Tolkien helped with all my gifts. We walked out the building and towards my house.

"Sooo what are you doing today?" Clyde asked to break the silence.

"Nothing"

"But it's your birthday" Tolkien said confused.

"I stopped celebrating that remember?"

"Well I thought, since your 18 now you would move past that. Yeah shitty birthdays happen but it's time to make new memories. It doesn't mean pretend your birthday doesn't exist in the first place" (Clyde)

"That was good" Tolkien complimented Clyde.

"Thank you" Clyde said proudly.

My phone began to ring. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey"

It was Tweek.

"What's up"

"I'm so sorry, I had to pick up extra hours at the cafe so I had to go home early and start working but my break starts in 2 minutes, I can come over really quick to drop my gift off"

"Okay?"

"I'll see you in about 5 minutes" He said before hanging up.

"Who was it?" (Clyde)

"Tweek, he's coming to drop a gift off" I said as we reached my house.

I opened the door and they went in. We put the gifts on the counter.

"So, Tweek.." Tolkien brought up.

I grabbed a can of soda from my cupboard.

"Tweek.." Clyde said awkwardly.

I leaned against the counter.

"What about him?" I said as I opened my soda.

"What's going on between you guys" Tolkien crossed his arms.

"Nothing" I took a sip.

"Mhmm, Craig we are your best buddies we should know this stuff" Clyde whined.

"Seriously, there's nothing between us" I said as I put my soda can down.

The doorbell rang. I walked to the door.  I opened it and was met with an exhausted Tweek, who was carrying a gift bag.  He was trying to catch his breath.

"Um okay so, there is a note and it may look sloppy, you should open it right away, like right away" He said catching his breath.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome" He smiled.

He was sweaty and still wearing his apron.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked.

"I can't, I have to head back and eat before my break is over" He sighed.

"Oh"

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He smiled and walked away.

I watched as he stood there for a minute and then ran. I closed the door and went to the counter.

I set the gift on the counter and opened it. There was a tiny gift box and a note. I grabbed it and was met with a cardboard box underneath it. I grabbed it, it had holes on the top.

I quickly opened it, it was a guinea pig.

"WHAT" Clyde shouted.

I grabbed the small box and opened it. It was a miniature version of my chullo, perfect to fit the guinea pig.

I grabbed the note.

Dear Craig, hopefully you didn't throw away your guinea pig stuff. I didn't know what to give you honestly, since it was such late notice. I thought about the dinner and the gift you got from your dad. So I proudly present, Stripes. I made him his very own chullo. So he can feel safe and protected just like how yours protects you.    -from Tweek

I set the note down and grabbed Stripes. He somehow looked exactly like the one I had as a kid. I grabbed the chullo and put it on him.

"Just a friend huh?" Tolkien scoffed.

"Aw man, that puts my gift to shame" Clyde whined.

"It wasn't a competition" (Tolkien)

"I know but I wanted MINE to be the best, that's not fair" Clyde huffed.

"Clyde just shut up" (Tolkien)

Clyde frowned.

I looked at stripes. He was sniffing me. I felt my heart flutter.

Tweek is so caring, so nice, so....cute.