Chapter 50

My shift was over.  I quickly called Craig. He picked up.

"Craig?"

He sniffled.

"CRAIG?"

"I'm okay, it's just, Stripes..."

"What h-happened with Stripes?"

He sniffled.

"Just come to the park" He sniffled.

He hung up. I quickly rushed towards the park. It was staring to sprinkle and it was getting dark.

I arrived at the park, out of breath. I scanned around and spotted Craig. I ran towards him, he was sitting in the grass next to the pond.

"Craig?" I sat down next to him.

He handed me a shoe box. I opened it. Inside was Stripes, lifeless.

"Oh Craig" I whispered.

"He escaped his cage and I don't know what happened but I walked in and he was just laying there, motionless" He said as I closed the box and handed it to him.

He placed the box on his lap.

I held his hand, he squeezed it.

"I'm sorry" I looked at him.

He looked at me. He had rosy cheeks and watery eyes.

I gave him a kiss on his forehead.

We stayed silent. A comforting silence. I could feel the guilt eating me up inside.

"About earlier" I mentioned.

"The date, I know it meant nothing Tweek. It just sucks" He said as he gazed at the pond.

"I told W-Wendy"

He quickly looked at me.

"I sort of just snapped" I sighed.

He smiled.

"Does that mean I can finally tell the world I am dating you" He sniffled.

"I guess so" I rolled my eyes playfully.

He went silent.

"I am dating Tweek" He said abruptly.

I gave him a confused look.

"I just told the world, my world at least" He chuckled.

I playfully pushed him.

"You're so cheesy" I giggled.

"Just doing my job" He softly chuckled.

"I'm sorry for everything, kissing K-Kenny at the party, me getting jealous of a girl who turned out to just be your sister, the date at the cafe, Stripes"

He smiled.

I looked over at the shoebox.

"We should bury him" I stood up.

"Yeah" He sighed.

I held my hand out. He grabbed it and stood up. We walked towards the trees. It was getting dark really fast.

We found a spot and started to dig with sticks. We made a hole. Craig opened the shoebox and gently placed Stripes in the hole.

He stared at him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the chullo I made for Stripes.

"I don't know if I should bury this with him" He looked at the chullo.

I walked towards him and placed my hand under his. I helped him close his fist which held the chullo.