Chapter 34

Tweek POV

"Oh hey you guys came" Clyde smiled as we walked into the kitchen.

"H-hey" I smiled.

"Hey" (D)

Douglas held my hand. I felt awkward. I looked around.

"Craig is in the living room playing Mario Kart if you're looking for him" Clyde mentioned.

"I'm not looking for him" I lied.

The kitchen was connected to the living room, you could see everything going on in the living room. I looked over and saw Craig. He was playing, he didn't notice me.

"Can I get you guys a drink or something?" Clyde asked.

"Sure" Douglas squeezed my hand.

"I'm good" I replied.

Time Skip

Douglas talked and talked and talked. I didn't know a thing he was saying. I was watching the screen as they played. We had stayed in the kitchen. Douglas was talking to a group of guys while still holding my hand. I just stayed and watched.

Craig got up from the couch and handed the control to someone. He grabbed his water bottle and went out the front door.

"H-hey I'm going to the bathroom really quick okay?"

Douglas let go.

I went outside. Craig was sitting on the sidewalk looking at the stars. I took a deep breath and walked up to him. I just stood behind him.

"I know it's you Tweek" (C)

I sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry, about yesterday"

"It's fine, I was just confused" He sighed.

"I- I don't know what came over me"

He stayed silent.

"And you were right" I sighed.

He took a sip of his water.

"About?" (C)

"Douglas"

"Mhm" (C)

"I don't really like him, I don't think I ever will, I don't even know why I am still trying with him" I curled into a ball.

Craig POV

"Maybe you just want someone to love and care for you" I said as I continued to gaze at the stars.

"Maybe" He sighed.

"I'm jealous Tweek"

"What?" He uncurled himself and looked at me.

"Not of Douglas, at least not anymore. I'm jealous of...you"

"I don't understand" (T)

"You get to feel comfortable in your own skin. I...can't. I just say I'm straight because it's the easier answer but in reality, I feel like an ousider to both sides. It's confusing and I don't really feel comfortable in any label really" I said as my heart beat faster.

"I had time to think about it and, I don't know what I am. I feel like I don't belong to either side. You can be proud and feel free to be gay. I just feel...incomplete. Like I NEED a label. And when I do, how do I know I picked the right one? It's just all so...stressful" I sighed.

"Craig, you don't need a label. I'm s-sorry if I just added to stress of you needing to pick one. I was being selfish and not thinking about how it might make y-you feel"

"It's okay Tweek, I forgive you" We gazed at the stars.

He leaned his head on my shoulder. I leaned against his head.

"You know, once you get past the hard shell, you get to see the real Craig" Tweek giggled.

"What do you mean"

"You may not see it but I get why Clyde and Tolkien love you. You are a good person Craig, you just d-don't see it" (T)

"They deserve the world. I feel like I am holding them back" I sighed.

"Hey, that's not the Craig I know. Whatever is making you like this, you have to c-confront it" (T)

"I'm scared...of the future. It feels like it's all going downhill" My breathing got shakey.

"Don't think of the future, focus on the now. You are doing g-great dude. The only thing holding you back is yourself. You have to tell yourself you're good enough, you have to k-know that you're going to get through whatever is putting you down" (T)

"Remember when you were trying to cheer me up that one time and you didn't do so good? You got a lot better since then" I chuckled.

"Thanks, learned from the best" He laughed.

We continued to lay on each other and gazed at the stars.

Douglas POV

Tweek wasn't back yet.

"I'll be right back" I told the guys I was talking to.

I walked to the bathroom. It was empty. I walked to the backyard and there was no Tweek.

I searched through my pockets to grab my phone to call him. It wasn't there. Fuck I must've left it my car. I walked to the front door and stepped out. I looked over and there he was. Tweek, with Craig. They were sitting next to each other, leaning on each other, gazing at the stars.

I clenched my fists and took another step. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Dude, don't" I heard from behind.

I look over, it was Clyde.

"Fuck off" I scoffed.

"You know they are meant for each other" He sighed.

I stayed silent.

"I didn't want to believe it either. But they bring out the best in each other. I've never seen him like this with anyone. You know Tweek likes Craig. You know he is happier with him, so why do you still try" (C)

I clenched my fists.

"You don't know what you're talking about"

"I do. Even though you love him, enjoy every moment together, you know deep inside, he doesn't belong with you" Clyde said as I stared at them.

"You have to drop the act too. If you really do want him to fall for you, be yourself dude. Don't pretend to be someone you aren't. I know you were trying to act like Craig so he could like you, that's not how it works. Craig is well he is something, but he isn't a dick head how you picture him to be" He scoffed.

"Now go home. Text Tweek that something came up and you had to leave early. You are too drunk to think rationally.  You seem like a decent guy, so just be yourself dude" He said as he walked back inside.

I looked at Tweek and Craig.

Fuck.

I took a deep breath and walked to my car, avoiding them and making sure not to be seen.

Fuck you Clyde, but damn you're good...

___________
A/N: 2 chapters done in a day, letsss goooooo. Make sure you guys drink plenty of water today! Stay hydrated :^