TWO

"Alice and I are getting married," He says, Gemma's smile faded, and her eyes caught her reflection in the mirror, and her eyes went misty at the stabbing words.

  Gemma remained silent on the phone but her breath increased and became shaky. She looked away from the mirror and raised her head, pushing back her tears, her hands brushing the tears rolling down her cheek, she knew deep down, he loved her so much and wasn't going to let go, she didn't want to either, Juan meant the whole world to her. Gemma's eyes are wrinkled.

  "But we could still be together, I'm getting married doesn't mean we won't be together" He spoke, despite the breaking news, she felt him smile over the phone.

She shut her eyes tightly and her face crinkled, her mouth streaked and tightened together, and like a flash, tears rolled down her eyes. Gemma quickly trapped the wiping sound in the palm of her hand.

She heard him, giggle, he was happy, but she wasn't, this wasn't what she had planned. Maybe he would give up on the marriage, but she still had a chance to be with him. Her hands went from her mouth to her hair, pushing them backwards.

  "Are you there?" His voice blared her ears, and she swallowed, licking her lips aggressively and biting her lower lips, Gemma breathed calmly and replied.

  "Of course," Her voice shakes.

  "Alright then, that's cool," Juan cleared his throat. "You know I love you right?" he questioned, a faint smile brushed her lips, but she nodded unable to mutter a word. The tears she had bottled up for ages were hitting her faster the more he opened his mouth to speak. She forced a faint smile, putting her hands in a fist, and she tightened her lips shaking.

  "Yes, I do" she managed to say.

Disappointed Juan had not even noticed he had hurt her. Her voice and quietness weren't normal for her, she had expected him to pick up, but he seemed so excited that he didn't even care, she assumed.

"Would you come over tomorrow night, Alice is travelling for work" He whispered. Gemma hung up and tears streamed down her sad eyes. She held her head in her palms as she sobbed quietly.

  Minutes after, she raised her head to look at the mirror, and from the reflection, she saw the curtain close. Gemma quickly turned back but the curtains were closed and saw no one.

Looking back at the mirror, her makeup perfectly done by Gira was fading from constant wiping.

  Gemma got up and rushed over to the door, she grabbed the doorknob and shut the door. She took her bag and went into the dressing room to change her clothes. Once she was done, she took her bag and headed out.

Gemma stepped out of the dressing room. She had her bag in her left hand, dressed in a jean and a white crop top, and her hair packed in a ponytail, and she was heading straight home after this. As soon as she walked out of the room. She found the photographer alone, he worked on his camera, and had a bag close to him. She glanced around and everyone had gone, Gemma wondered why he stayed behind.

His eyes found hers, and she looked away, Avoiding him, the closet that approached him, her gaze turned in his direction, but she avoided eye contact with him still.

  "Where's Anita?" she asked, curiously staring around.

  "Anita?" He looked around, Gemma looked at him, he had a perfect shape jawline, and her eyes fell to his Adam apples, that rolled each time he breathed, her heart twitched staring at him, she narrowed her eyes down his arms, and his veins popped out, he had his camera in his arms. He looked at her and caught her staring at his arms, he smiled, ", She was going to call you at the dressing room," He spoke, Gemma blinked, looking away. "But she headed out, she said you were busy, I guess," He finished, taking a quick look at her head to toe.