ELEVEN

"I can't believe she tried to kill herself" Anita choked her voice filled with emotions she could not define staring at Gemma on the hospital bed in a white gown her face was pale and she looked really helpless, Isaac sat on a chair close to her bed. They both stared at her lying on the hospital bed.

"She drugged herself... and wanted to jump off but thank God she passed out before she could," Isaac says, pinching the bridge of his nose and he exhaled feeling stressed out from all this.

"Gosh... o my, I would have tried to talk to her or tried to stop her if I knew she would get obsessed with him like this" Anita says, turning around. She was unable to look at her anymore feeling distraught.

"You need to call her parents right?" Isaac asked.

"Her mother would not take the news well," Anita says.

He was about to reply when Sarah and the others entered the private hospital room "Oh my god!" Sarah gasped covering her mouth, she quickly turned away from the sight in front of her hugging Mark, her husband who embraced his heartbroken wife. Beside them, Lucy stood with her hands over her mouth. Tears brimming in her eyes.

"How is she?" Mark asked, patting Sarah on the back.

"The doctor said she's fine and might wake up soon," Anita says, her voice banked with emotions. "Should we call her mom?"

"I already did," Lucy says.

"You did?" Anita stepped closer to her, staring curiously "What did she say?"

Lucy stepped further into the room "She asked about her... I told her she was fine" she shrugged

"Is that okay? I mean her daughter almost died" Anita said anxiously.

"What do you think she would do if she finds out?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know, she isn't my mom but I know my mom would be sad and devastated I don't really know her mother and how she might react especially when she doesn't talk to her becau..."

"Exactly, maybe you should leave her to tell her mother" Isaac injected. The room became silent for a while. No words were heard just the sound of their breaths and the constant beeping of the EKG machine.

A few minutes later, Sarah gasped and covered her mouth, staring at her phone. She raised her head to take a look at the people in the room. Their faces read curiosity.

"Juan has gone on his honeymoon," Sarah said suddenly, peering at her phone.

"What?" Anita asked at the same time, Lucy.

"It's in the group chat, they said he travelled with his newly wedded wife," She said sardonically.

"Oh my goodness, isn't that Isaac?" Lucy stood, watching a video on her phone, she looked around the room and he was nowhere to be found. "Where did he go?" She asked no one in particular.

"To get coffee" Anita answered, using a tissue to wipe her face.

"What's that?" Sarah asked, referring to what she was talking about before.

"It's a video of Isaac hitting Juan," Lucy said looking at Sarah, Sarah gets up and sits beside her, and Mark follows curiously.

"Do you like her?" Juan's voice rang out from the phone. Anita looked at them and sighed, returning her focus to the video. She knew someone was videoing that incident but she didn't know it would spread fast like this.

"He likes her right?" Sarah asked looking at Lucy, and Lucy looked at Anita, their gaze filled with questions.

She blinked, confused "What?" Anita asked. The door opens and Isaac walks in. The room immediately becomes quiet. Everyone stared at him in silence, watching him as he moved to sit. Isaac sits, his eyes darted to Mark and Mark only shrugs.

"Is something wrong?" Isaac asked, looking at them still staring at him.

"Do you like her?" Lucy asked.

"Who?" Isaac looked around.