TWENTY-EIGHT

"That's how you didn't tell me, you are married, well... You" Gemma stopped.

"Yeah, my parents live in New York" Isaac voice echoed in her ears

"What's wrong?" Anita asked, tapping her.

"How did you know Isaac again?" Gemma lowered her hands, she studied her face for a reaction, to be honest, Anita had never told her, how she met Issac.

  "I told you!" She started.

  "No, you didn't." Gemma snapped at her.

  "A friend referred me to him" Anita sighed.

  "A friend? What's her name?" Gemma asked

  "What's this?" She side glared at Gemma, focusing on the road ahead of them. "Question and answer?" Anita raised a side of her lip, if eyes were used as weapon, Gemma could have been dead.

  "Hold up, you said a friend referred you to him?" Gemma searched through her memory for Isaac side of the story.

  A friend of mine, Jule introduced me to Anita, after she found out I take good pictures, that's what I tend to tell most people, she asked Jule to get me to work with her, I love photography" Gemma breathed in calmly and quietly, their story sounded alike, well not completely alike, if she had heard from Jule then she would know who referred who... Gemma thought. She didn't want to care about their references.

  "Drop me at my place, thanks" Gemm says.

  "I am not your driver" Anita replied, in a sarcastic voice.

  "Please! Huh?" Gemma held onto her arms.

  "Is mom fine?" Anita asked, Gemma slowly took hands off her, lowering her gaze down to her cellphone. "Hey! What's wrong with you?" Anita hauled gently at her.

  "Nothing, she's just been annoying these days" Gemma intoned, Anita darts at her and shook her head.

  "Abram?" Anita asked, Gemma murmured something, looking away.

  "Argh, I don't want to even talk about him" she rolled her eyes, and wheezed.

  "I don't know about that Gemma, but your mom is happy, you know... Like you are with Issac!" Anita's voice increased, she glared at her. "Like you didn't tell me, you and Isaac are now couples" Anita teased, earning a laugh from Gemma.

  "I know you could tell..." Gemma sighed heavily staring out the window.

  In a few minutes, Anita pulled over at her house, Gemma picked her coat and bag, she smiled at Anita before stepping out of the car.

  "Thanks for the ride" she managed a smile, waving.

  "Hey," Anita called, Gemma turned around and meeting her eyes. "It's time for you to move on," She grinned, Gemma nodded and continued into the house.

  "Mom?" She called softly walking to the kitchen, Gemma found a note on the table.

"Went out for a boat party with Abram, call me if something happens" The note read, Gemma dropped it, she reached out it the fridge and took out a bottle water, she looked around the empty house, trying to catch her breath from the rush of the water.

  Gemma took out her phone, searching through it, She must have cleared Juan things but his picture, or their pictures together were still in her phone, whic she stared at often. Ever since Juan had moved on with Alice, he hadn't used his social media, Gemma opened her Instagram searching for his profile, she found it with just a 'J' she had searched often. Gemma found the block button, she took a deep breath before making the move to block him. She did the same for Alice and immediately she scrolled through her photos found the folder where she had stored all their photos, Gemma wiped it instantly.

  She dropped to her kneel, covering her head and gasping for breath, Gemma banged on her chest. This was a brave move she told herself, Gemma sat there all day, till it was dusk again.

   "This is me, moving on" she whispered, a side relationship of three years, was finally over she thought, she did make an attempt. "No, it's over!" She yelled, she loved Issac, she told herself.

   Gemma turned on the hot water along with cold water making it warm, she poured in her shower gel, she placed a wooden tray over it, by the side of her shower she placed a scented candle and turned off the light of the bathroom, she placed her pad in between putting on a drama.

  Gemma's phone rang, she reached out to it, Isaac was the caller.

  "Hey" His deep voice rang through the phone, Gemma smiled, hearing his voice she knew she loved him, but was it possible to love two people at the same time?

"Hey, are you on your way?" She brushed, pausing her drama.