FOUR

"Juan..." Gemma stopped chewing suddenly curious, Gemma couldn't care less what he said but the moment it was Juan's name, it made her inquisitive because Gary and Juan were friends. "Juan sent me a wedding invitation," He spat with a laugh.

Everyone was mute for a while. They knew clearly how much she hated Juan being mentioned, mostly if it came from Gary.

"Of course I know," She answered back and then, a smile graced her smile, Gary's smile faded, and everyone stared at her confused including Sarah and Lucy. Was she that desperate for his love? They thought, unable to say anything.

Unexpectedly, someone got the courage to speak, beside him was a blondie who cleared her throat and leaned closer, "Hey, Gemma what are you after? Money? Love? Or you're just desperate?" Kimberly said. Kimberly— Another of her classmates inquired. Gemma's eyes were filled with rage staring at her.

"She didn't ask anything wrong," Gary said.

"Yeah, she didn't why exactly are you following a married man?" Someone from the other end spoke out.

"I don't need any of you to lecture me, the way you decide to not talk about yourself, get me off your lips" she warned and took a shot, gobbling immediately.

Sarah and Lucy sat quietly unable to speak, they didn't think Gemma was this desperate for his love, how could they even speak? She acted just fine when they knew deep down she wasn't. Her first love who she stuck to for three years didn't choose her after all those years.

"She's sassy" Gary laughed. In a second Gemma picked up her things and laughed along with him.

"Does your wife know you're cheating, Gary?" She spat, everyone paused, and looked at her, "And you Kim- berly," she said in twos. "Does your husband know you're sleeping with Gary?" she asked, Gary looked around, everyone was gaping at him.

"Are you serious?" Sarah sneered, holding her lips.

Mind what you say! Gemma" Gary rose, "What rubbish do you speak," He asked, Gemma, looked at Kimberly and shock flickered her face looking at Gary.

"Do you need a picture?" Gemma requested, taking out her phone, she immediately unlocked it but Sarah stopped her.

"Gemma," Sarah pulled her arms, giving her a sign to stop, Gary looked at the crowd, they were all staring, calmly he sat back down embarrassed.

She looked around, and everyone stared at her, speechlessly. She did feel a little ashamed.

"Then, goodbye" She picked up her key from the table and stormed out of the restaurant.

As soon as She opened the door and a cool breeze blew against her face. Gemma breathed in, inhaling the fresh air. She looked at her phone and dialled Juan's number.

"The number you've dialled is not available" it sang, she sighed frustrated. She opened her car and entered, resting on the steering. Did he leave her? She thought, restless. Sitting straight, she found Sarah and Lucy walking out of the restaurant, Gemma immediately started her car and reversed, she wouldn't bare them asking questions.

The next morning, Gemma woke up, she could barely sleep without thinking and urging her to call Juan. She took a bath and when she was done, she sat on her chair and applied her makeup perfectly. Then proceeded to her closet and picked out a pastel blue gown, and completed her look with brown boots.

Before stepping out of her apartment, she decided to dial his number again. This time it rang, Gemma's heart skipped and she placed it on her ear.

"Hello?" she heard a woman's voice. She froze, she looked at the number she had dialled and it was definitely his, but it wasn't his voice, she could barely recognize the voice. But then, she wondered why a lady picking up.