TEN

A WEEK AGO

"For christ's sake where did you go!" She got out of the elevator standing in front of her door. she searched her bag angrily till it fell to the floor. "Mmmmm" she covered her lips, holding them tight, sitting on her knees, quivering, her breath increased as she tried to stop herself from crying, "He was mine first!" she yelled letting them out.

The elevator door opened and Isaac stepped out and stopped the moment he heard someone cry. He took a step closer and saw a lady folded with her bag in between her lap and her hand tightly against her mouth. He wasn't able to see the face of the lady, but she seemed familiar. Soon, she buried her face in between her lap and her wailing continued, she must have not heard him come in, Isaac silently took a step backwards, he reached out for his door but stopped, putting the passcode would only alert her, and he wouldn't want her to feel bad, and embarrassed, she looked like she needed those tears. He stood there watching her, was he to interrupt her, telling her to move away from his apartment front? His brain processed so many thoughts.

Isaac walked back into the elevator instead, giving her the whole hall to herself, she need those tears, a silent wailing was the type of tear that hurt more.

An hour later, Isaac came back, the elevator opened and he glanced around but she wasn't anywhere.

"She was here" he muttered, his eyes could barely open.

"Who did you say was here? She?" Henry questioned, but seeing the lady had gone, he smiled right after.

"Nevermind" he replied, breaking away from Henry's grip, Henry hurriedly rushed over to support him.

"You should drink at your place," he said, taking him closer to his door, as they reached Henry struggled to put in the passcode.

"...Hmmm, she seemed lonely," Isaac said, Henry's side glanced at him, and when the door opened he dragged him in.

"Of course, if you're alone it's okay to cry," Henry said, pulling him towards the bed.

"I wanted to give her a hug, tell her it's okay," He spat earning a smile from Henry who also felt uncomfortable. He shook his head at his unbelievable words. "She seemed familiar though like a coworker" He continued.

"You mean that coworker you told me about?" Henry asked, he looked at him and laughed.

"I guess, she's strikingly beautiful!" He said with a smile.

"Wow" he could say.

Henry opened the bedroom door and hurriedly dropped him on the bed, and sat right beside him. Panting from the struggle he used to carry him. Isaac was quite heavy and 6ft 1, he also had a muscular build.

"Thank you," Isaac said, sighing. He immediately sat up and began to take off his shoes and his shirt, Henry watched speechlessly, this was the man that behaved like he was going to fall soon, and needed his support.

"So you could walk," He said in a disgusted voice at the same time rolling his eyes at him, angrily.

"That's enough, Henry thank you but I want to be alone,"  Isaac said, letting out a huge whine, while he lay on the soft warming mattress. Henry looked around and got up, he turned back at Isaac but he had his eyes shut.

"Hmm, alright, goodnight!" Henry replied, with his hands in his pocket.

Thirty minutes later, Isaac got up, sitting at the edge of the bed with just trousers on, entering his sitting room, he headed for the kitchen afterwards. He stopped at the fridge, opened it and took out two bottles of wine, groaning, he headed back to the living room with his eyes half closed.

Ding! The elevator door opened and Isaac stood with the bottle of wine in his hand.

"Fresh air," he said, walking closer to the roof door, he stopped when he noticed it was open, and from where he stood he could see a figure standing at the edge. His eyes opened wide and his heart skipped, leaving him.

  "Hey! You! What are you!" He rushed forward and pulled the lady into his arms, hugging her tight and patting her head. "I got you," he said, without even knowing who she was.

To his surprise, she gripped his clothes crying, she could have been badly hurt and he could tell with the way she gripped his cloth, but she reeked alcohol and sounded familiar. Isaac pulled her back to take a glance at her, he blinked countlessly, and his mouth opened to speak.

"Gemma?" he finally let out. She looked up at him and smiled, her eyes were filled with tears but her lips gave a shameless beautiful smile.

She giggled and asked, "You know me?" Isaac looked above her,

"Why?" He asked, unable to figure out how and why she had tried to kill herself

"You know me?" She asked again, Isaac nodded moving away. "How?" She said pouting.

"You wanted to kill yourself?" He asked, Gemma suddenly laughed.

"No, why should I? I was only watching the view" she replied, pulling away from his hold and heading back to where she placed a bottle of wine.

"Gosh, you're wasted," he said, and stopped their eyes met and he remembered he wasn't any different, "can I?" He asked for the wine.

After a series of laughing and jokes, they had already finished the bottle of wine, and the four more they had. Gemma got up and dusted her butt and stood, she could barely even stand straight.

"Where are you going?" Isaac asked, getting up, she chuckled without response. Isaac pulled her by her hands, turning her in his direction. "Come on, tell me where you're going?" Isaac says, pouting with his eyes half-closed.

There was silence and Gemma looked at him head to toe, and smiled, "Do you want to get married?" She asked, Isaac's hand left hers.

"What?" he laughed.

"I'm serious, Marry me" She repeated. Isaac's eyes locked with hers, he chuckled over and over struggling to keep his eyes open, Gemma smiled also struggling to keep her eyes open. Her questions were unbelievable and this man blushed so much rather than smiled.

"Okay! Let's..." He tried to speak, but Gemma had already collapsed on his body, prompting him to fall back to the ground. He laughed.