SIXTEEN

The door locked and Gemma hurried into her bedroom finding every possible thing related to Juan, she took a big box out and angrily she cleared them. Her favourite things from him and the worst gifts she got from him.

  "This is so ridiculous" she pulled back, sitting on the floor while she watched her room torn apart.

  She covered her face in anger tighten her grip on her hair crying in silence, every time she recalled what had just happened her wailing becomes so loud that she couldn't control.

  Pinching herself severally hoping for all this to be a dream, in fact she hoped this was a dream, every memory of him came to her like a flood. Gemma couldn't believe that they weren't together and had separated, her biggest fear was before her and she couldn't do anything.

  Gemma stood up, pulling the box and his belongings, she paused close to her closet. She opened the door and found more of his clothes than hers. Gemma sighed.

  "I must have been stupid! he doesn't even pay my rent!" she rushed pulling away his clothes, underwear and others he had in her closet.

  She tightened her lips, gripping her knees tight enough to swallow those tears, that forced it way out.

Minutes later, she laid on the floor looking at the ceiling, floods of memory played in her head she was frustrated, embarrassed to even be alive, ashamed to even breath how could she had trusted him for three years, a year was enough to tell her, he didn't want her

  She rushed over to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of red wine, she looked at it for while wondering what to do with it, she didn't even have the appetite to eat, was she kidding herself?

  Gemma dropped it and out of anger she pushed it off the kitchen table watching it drop and scatter close to her legs, she jerk from the pain, but stood still.

  Her eyes found those sleeping pills, she had been taking whenever she couldn't sleep.

  She reached out to it and opened them, quickly she rushed one into her mouth, And stood waiting for the effect, she angrily poured out two more, chewing on then with speed.

  "Work" she pleaded, taking more and more into her mouth and chewing them angrily.

  She walked to the fridge and took out a bottle of wine, she opened them and took out a tea cup, pouring some into the cup.

  "Do you want to get married?" Her voice played, Gemma quickly paused, she looked around the room to be sure she was the only one in it.

  "I'm serious, Marry me" the voice repeated, Gemma dropped the bottle to the ground letting it scatter close to her legs.

"Okay! let's get married..." Isaac says, before dropping to the ground.

  She took off her slippers running out of her apartment like a madwoman. The elevator door opened and she stepped in, with no idea where she was going. Gemma got off from the elevator staring at the hallway, she proceeded and walked into the roof top, Her eyed began to spin and she couldn't even find her way

Gemma dropped to the ground lifeless.

  "What did he say to you?" Isaac asked ignoring her. Gemma looked at him, and she smiled.

  "Do you want to get married?" she asked.

"what?" Isaac raised his brows surprisingly. "He asked you to marry him?" he shook his head in disappointment.

  "No, dummy" her voice softened. He paused immediately looking at her.

  "What? he didn't?" he asked carefully trying not to provoke her. "It's fine... you don't have to tell me, you know"

  "I am asking you Isaac... marry me," Gemma says. He locked eyes with her, the boldness, she had to say that every time. The fact he knew exactly where she was going and still pretended like he didn't know any of it. She must have remembered that night he guessed and if she meant that, he would treat her like the gem she was.

  "You remembered," He says avoiding eye contact with him. Gemma stared at him, searching for his gaze... she didn't think he would have remembered.

  "You hoped I wouldn't?" Her eyes followed his movements, searching his gaze, he seemed shy and didn't look uncomfortable hearing her say those words.

   From what he had remembered, when he woke up she was no longer there, Isaac ignored her question and asked the one that bothered him most.

"How did you leave?" He looked at her, their eyes met for a second and he looked away.

"I don't know but I woke up in my apartment the next morning... did you by chance sleep there?" Gemma giggled.

  Sadly he was going to say yes, but it could show how weak he was if he had said what he had in mind.

  "No, why would I?" he says, laying some blankets right across the room.

  "I don't know" Gemma looked away, facing the windows again, her mind was a mess but she was trying to sound okay, just a small question and she would lose it. "Where's my phone?" She asked in a low tone, Isaac turned off the lights.

  "I was asked not to give it to you" Isaac states laying down.

  "Why?" her tone softened.

   "You know you don't have to go to sleep," He tells her, ignoring the question.

  Gemma chuckled and took a deep breath, once again the room was stuck with silence and awkwardness. They breathed in and out and could both hear it clearly. With the sound of the air purifier and the sounds coming from the road, they could also hear and see the moonlight shimmering in the room. Isaac smiled watching the moon, but his smile faded the moment he heard her sobbing silently.

  "Are you okay?" Isaac asked, her breathing increased and ragged. He got up and turned on the lights.

  "He..." she covered her mouth with her hands looking away.

  "Hey, it's okay" Isaac rushed over to her pulling her closer to his arms, "it's gonna be okay" He assures her, holding her tight. Whatever she was going through he wanted to make sure he was there for her, even though it was the last thing he could do.