TWELVE

"Do you like her?" Lucy asked.

"Who?" Isaac looked around.

She gestured with her chin to Gemma who was lying on the bed "Well, who else," Lucy asked, nudging Sarah who sat beside her and was looking at him thoroughly bemused.

  "What? no!" he denied hotly his cheeks colouring and Anita only smiled, a knowing one.

  "We know"

  He was beginning to look nervous "Know what?"

"That you like her"

"I don't know where you got the idea from" Isaac tried defending himself.

"Well take care of her" Mark tells him like a father giving his blessings, without hearing what he had to say, Issac stared at them speechless at their words, what was he supposed to say they didn't look like they were going to listen.

"Yeah, she could be troublesome but try to understand her," Sarah continued her hand resting on Mark's thigh.

"Why-" he began but Lucy interrupted him again, he suddenly gave up trying to argue with them. He had no will to fight his feelings for Gemma, even though he knew he was starting to get attached to her, he didn't know how it happened but he couldn't deny it even knowing how Gemma felt towards Juan. He knew they couldn't have something between them when Juan was all over her head.

"We all know you love her, isn't that right?" Lucy said crossing her arm over her chest, Isaac turned to Anita who sat beside him, she had a big smile on.

"What's going on?" he mouthed to Anita and she giggled. Why was she even giggling when they were choking him with uncomfortable questions? They must have gotten that idea from something or somewhere and surely they couldn't just be talking about him like that.

"Well, they watched the video" Anita mouths back to him, at the same time using sign language.

"What video?" He responded, she smiled seeing he could also understand sign language.

"The one with..." she continues but Lucy interrupts. "I just wish she would be okay," her face said. Isaac took a deep breath Lucy was really an interrupter, she had done that many times and didn't even realize that. She looked at Anita who sat near Gemma's bed.

"She would, the doctor said she would be fine" Sarah assured her, holding her hand and squeezing, passing on a silent assurance as she spoke.

"Don't you think we should at least let her mother know?" Mark asked, bringing up the matter again.

"What?" Anita's voice softened, she wiped a tear that was about to fall from her eyes, blinking and looking at Isaac.

"I don't know... maybe we should wait for a little, the doctor said she would be fine and will soon probably wake up"

"I can't believe that jerk ruined someone's life and left like nothing happened." Mark condemned

"Nothing happened to him, he doesn't know about Gemma right?" Sarah asked, Isaac listened and watched them, his face filled with disgust towards them.

"Did you want him to know?" Mark replied, Isaac, exhaled a loud and harsh one. They paused staring at him, he rolled his eyes, his expression impassive turning to look at Gemma instead.

"It had already happened, we just have to be positive when she wakes up," Sarah said staring at Isaac who hadn't said a word.

"Yeah" she looked at everyone in the room "Who's staying tonight?" Lucy asked inquisitively.

Anita raised her hand "I should..." She volunteered.

But Lucy shook her head "Let Isaac do it," Lucy says, Isaac quickly narrowed his gaze at her. His eyes widened, and curiously he turned to Anita.

"Oh, I don't think he would... Can you?" Anita asked, he blinked severely shaken by the question.

They glanced at him waiting for a reply, Isaac looked at Lucy who had brought up this plan and his lips curled upwards instead.

"See he's cool with it," Lucy says, with a smile while her hands slammed together.

His eyes glinted "I wouldn't mind..." his voice gave nothing away.

"Call us if she wakes up," Lucy says, taking her bag and standing up about to leave.

He nodded "I will"