extra (pt.3) - volleyball

,,pristine hearts made of gold and jewel.'' - memo boy- insomniac

third person-

and there he was. haitham, looking in every crevasse of the school trying to find kaveh.

maybe they'd be late to practice— okay, it wasn't REALLY practice. it was a match. a match against who, you ask? against the girls volleyball team of mondstat, the girls of mondstat high.

oh, and they're good. diluc was a little scared of what would happen, so he said that it would be a practice match.

still, practice or not, kaveh and alhaitham couldnt be late.

alhaitham went into the first floor bathroom and knocked on a stall, no one.

second floor bathroom, nothing either.

third floor??

FOURTH FLOOR.

haitham was out of breath, yet he still knocked on a stall and asked:

"hello??"

"HAITHAMMMM!!" a familliar voice yelled.

"you found me." the smile alhaitham loved to see, it was still there. but wait, who are all of these missed texts from?

angry bird

angry bird

ALHAITHAM.
where are you? you're supposed to be here 10 minutes early.
Delivered at 1:20 pm
hellooooo? is kaveh at least with you?
what's going on? are you guys okay? we're starting the match without you.
read at 1:45 pm

.....

oh SHIT.

15 minutes late. 5 or 10 minutes is enough, BUT 15?! all because he was searching for kaveh. either way, he would have to look for him sooner or later.

they were already wearing their volleyball jersey, which on the front said, in all capital letters; FORESTS; and their number. alhaitham was number 12, while kaveh was 13.

the match had just started, so they werent late (they hoped)

"i thought you guys always got here early." said albedo, tilting his head.

"we are. isn't the match starting in 3 minutes?" replied alhaitham.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. I WAS NOT INFORMED THAT THIS WAS A REAL MATCH. WASNT THIS PRACTICE???" yelled kaveh, clearly shocked.

"diluc." kaeya gave the red haired a glare, while diluc shrugged. "it would only make him nervous."

"DILUC!" the entire team shouted in unison, kaveh on the bench, rocking himself.

"im gonna get my ass beat by girls. im gonna get my ass beat by girls. im gonna get my ass beat by girls.." kaveh mumbled constantly. "CAN I KILL MYSELF RIGHT HERE?" he spoke, banging his head against the wall so hard he might just faint.

"kaveh! dont do tha—"

aaaaand kaveh just fainted. luckily, alhaitham caught him. kaveh was the main setter, how could they continue the game without him?

"ill do it." said scaramouche, even though he was only a middle blocker. (regardless of his height) everyone turned to look at him, including alhaitham.

"you take care of kaveh, ill do both of your spots. since alhaitham is our ace and kaveh is our main setter, ill do both of them."

"if you want to, then sure." the red head replied, flinching at the loud whistle that the referee blew.

"alright, alright, alright! im arataki itto, and ill be your ref for this match between mondstadt high's hawks, and sumeru high's forests! you guys can start the first quarter."

alhaitham sits on the bench, putting kavehs head in his lap. that was so stupid of kaveh, though he'll probably jump right up when he awakes.

the forest's team captain, jean, started with a set, while kaeya had recieved it.

"good recieve, kaeya!" alhaitham yelled, though trying not to wake up kaveh. albedo jumped and hit the ball as kaeya threw it towards him, his palm creating vibrations and suspense as he did so.

...

after the 2nd quarter came to be, kaveh had woken up. he sprung from the bench, panicking and shaking alhaitham as they were on break.

"haitham! haitham! are we winning? please say yes." kaveh panicked, already sweating with a worried expression.

"yes, kaveh. we're winning." alhiatham smiled, though quickly returning to his normal frown.

(im a lil lazy so ima make an extra after i publish this, thiugh ofc ill ACTUALLY finish it, or not.)