2. Balance

"Thank you," I say smiling at Jacob as he holds the restaurant door open for me. He winks at me, just before placing a firm smack on my bottom as I walk ahead of him. 

I giggle, glancing back at him as my cheeks redden, and then he catches up to me, placing his arm around my shoulder. "Alright, Eric texted me, saying that they were sitting at the big tables close to the back of the room," Jacob says, scanning the area. 

"There they are," I say pointing to a stretched table at the back of the room.

"Oh, I see them," Jacob says, leaning us over to the table. 

"Hey guys!" Sage exclaims as she sees us. 

I smile as I circle the table to see Waylon. "Hey Sage," I reply, picking up Waylon up from his highchair. "Oh, Romeo!" I exclaim, cooing as Jacob takes a seat beside Eric. "Auntie Mya missed you, big boy." He giggles at me, reaching his hand up to tangle in my hair. I glance over to Sage. "Look at those curls," I laugh. "He looks more like Bryan every time I see him."

I stifle another laugh as Sage rolls her eyes. dramatically. "I carry a child for nine months, go through hell to push him out of my bag, and sacrifice my body, just for him to look, and act like his daddy.

"Come sit down, babe," Jacob says, patting the seat between him, and Bryan. I feel my stomach sink as my eyes flicker towards Stefan, meeting his gaze. His arm falls from around Nicole's shoulder as he sees me, and he smiles. 

"Hey, Mya," he says. 

I nod, pulling out the chair. "Hey, Stefan," I reply, politely, before quickly trying to dodge a conversation with him. "Eric, how is the job search going?" I ask.

He grins. "It's going great. I've had three callbacks, so far, and I have an interview in a couple of days." 

"Wow," Jacob interjects. "That's awesome. That'll help a lot with the bills."

"I know. Plus it'll get me off my ass," Eric replies, jokingly. 

"I need to get off my ass," Sage groans. "I feel like I'm stuck at home with Waylon, all the time."

Bryan tosses his arm over her shoulder. "I thought you wanted to stay home with Waylon until he turned one,"

She nods, "Yes, but he's only three months old, and I'm already going stir-crazy, even in the new house."

"Do I need to come over again tonight, and help you unpack some more?" I ask. 

She shrugs, "If you want to, but I don't want you lifting anything heavy."

I scoff. "I'll be fine. I'm not going to do anything to hurt the baby."

"I can't drive you, though," Jacob says, frowning. "And you're not on the insurance yet, so you can't drive the SUV. I have work tonight."

"I can take you," Stefan interjects, almost too quickly.

I glance over at him. "You don't have to, I could just leave from here with Sage."

"Actually," Sage says. "Bryan and I need to take Waylon to go get his three-month shots, and then we have to pay some bills."

"Don't you, and Nicole have plans tonight?" I ask Stefan, trying to find an excuse not to ride with him.

"I have work, too," Nicole says, frowning. "Night shift at the diner. I'm having to cover someone's shift tonight."

"Oh," I say, nodding. I glance back up to Stefan. "Okay, you can take me later, I guess. Thank you."

He grins, letting his bright blue eyes linger on mine for a moment too long. "No problem."

....

Jacob, and I are the first ones to get home, ahead of Eric, and Stefan.  I walk into the bedroom to change into something comfier before I have to go help Sage unpack. 

"So," Jacob says, walking through the door. "Last night you mentioned something about going to see your mother."

I nod, dropping my shirt to the floor, and sliding on jeans off. "Yeah, I don't know why. I never thought I'd ever want to go back. I just kind of want her to see how good I am doing for myself without her. I don't want to rub in her face or anything. I just want her to know that I turned out fine. I am about to be a mother, and I'm in college, and I have a great fiancé. I want her to know that I didn't need her to be okay."

Jacob gives me a sympathetic smile. "I understand Angel. Maybe, next week when I get paid. I could fill the tank up with gas, and we could go visit her. You could try to hit up your old friend, Kasi, too."

I grin. "I hadn't even thought about that. I wonder what she's up to, I do need to get Facebook back."

As I say this, Jacob closes the distance between us, wrapping his arms around my waist. When he speaks, his voice comes out in a smooth, deep, tone, and I feel my body begin to tingle, the same way it does every time he is this close. "You can do that later," he mumbles, bringing his lips closer to mine. "I think you're going to be busy for the next hour or so." With that, he grabs my ass, firmly, hoisting me up. My legs and arms automatically wrap around his as I begin to slowly kiss him back. 

He groans lightly against my lips and turns to carry me to the bed. "I need to finish getting dressed," I murmur, smiling into the kiss.

He scoffs, quietly. "I need to finish getting you undressed."

I am placed on the bed as Jacob positions himself over me, trying not to put any pressure on my bump. "Okay," I say, beginning to pant as his lips slowly make their way down my neck, all the way to the tops of my breasts. "Just a quickie."

His mouth comes back to my ear as he whispers, causing me to feel his hot breath graze my sensitive skin. "Whatever you say, Angel."