9. The stone Room

The moment that my father pulled the trigger is probably the most slowly lived moment of my life.

I open my mouth to scream, but before I can, I notice that there is no booming sound of gunfire. Confusion overtakes me. 

Stefan lets out a painful grunt as I hear a loud 'click.' He stumbles backward a little, and I catch him, helping him fall back to the bed safely.

"Stefan!" I exclaim, tears already streaming down my from my eyes as I nearly throw myself over him. "What the hell?"

The moment that I see the long, tranquilizer dart sticking out of his chest. Realization hits me, and not even a second later, another loud sound from behind me, sends a sharp pain shooting through my right butt cheek.

Stefan's eyes lock mine, and we both hold each other's gazes, frozen in fear, just before his eyes slowly roll into the back of his head as he slips under. My thoughts, as I stare down at him, are memories of us, swaying to the music in his bedroom together, the first day I spent with him. I feel my vision growing foggy and black. In a matter of a mere moment, my body slumps over Stefan, and I am blacked out with him.

"Mya," a distant, muffled, voice calls. "Mya, wake up!" The voice sounds like it's far away, down a long tunnel. I feel a hand begin to pat the side of my face, lightly. "Wake up, baby girl. Come on."

As I begin to recognize the voice, I feel myself stir even more. I groan, slowly opening my eyes. "Stefan!"

I watch as his eyes grow wide. "You're up! Finally! Are you okay? Does your head hurt? How does the belly feel? Is Emma still kicking?"

"Wow," I groan, again, feeling dizzy. "I just woke up. Give me a second. What with all the questions?"

Stefan pulls his face away from mine a little, and he frowns. "You don't remember everything that just happened."

I begin to shake my head to object until memories come flooding back- my mother, my father, her letter, her warning, his bad vibe, the gun, Stefan being shot, and me realizing it was a tranquilizer gun. He shoots me, and then I watch Stefan slip under as I follow.

I gasp, and my hand automatically goes to the sides of his face. I feel tears begin to fill my eyes. "Oh, god. For a second I thought you were dead." I choke out.

He smiles down at me. "I'm alright, just a little sore."

My hands, placed against his cheeks, begin to tremble, remembering the fear at the moment that I thought I was going to lose Stefan before we ever had the chance to be. "I'm sorry." I whimper.

He shakes his head. "It's alright, we need to figure out how to get out of here, though."

I glance around the small, stone, room. The walls are made out of hard, gray rock, as well as the floors, and ceiling. "Oh my god. I whisper. "Where are we?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know, I just woke up, and we are here."

I check for my phone. It's missing. "Do you have your cell?" I ask, sitting up.

I feel little flutters in my tummy, and I take a deep breath in, relieved. 

"No," he replies. "It was gone when I woke up, along with my pocket knife."

I grab his hand, letting him feel the tiny, soft, kicks on my stomach. "She's okay," I say, looking up to him.

He sits for a moment, feeling the gentle movements, and then a small smile spreads across his face. "I love feeling her kick," he mumbles.

I watch him for another moment, before slowly trying to stand. The world around me begins to tilt, and I can feel my head spinning. "Woe," Stefan says, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I've got you. Careful."

I look up to him, and in a split second, my arms are draped around his neck, pulling his face down to mine. 

It's the first kiss that we share that isn't forced or an accident, and the moment that I feel Stefan warm, full. lips begin to move in sync against mine, my heart starts pounding faster. 

His hands tangle into my hair, and grip my hips, as I let out a soft moan, feeling a hot wave of passion roll through my body as our chests press together. 

"Oh god," Stefan groans against my lips. "I love you, Mya"

I feel my knees weaken at his words, and when he notices, he slowly lowers me back onto the bed. His lips begin to trail down my neck, and I let out another moan, louder this time, as he grips my hips, grinding himself on me. 

"S-Stefan," i stutter. "Let's slow down, this is the best time."

Stefan groans, bringing his face back to mine. "I've been waiting for almost an entire year. Any moment that you want me even a fraction of as badly as I do you is a good time."

I laugh, lightly, pressing my lips to the corner of his mouth. "I promise that img going to want you when we get home, just as much as I do now." The smile falls from my face. "If we ever make it home."

He pulls up a bit. "We will make it home, baby. I'm going to get us home." As he says this, he gets up from the bed and walks over to the tiny, barred window. 

"That looks familiar" I mumble, eyeing it.

Stefan scoffs. "So does this door."

I take a deep breath, and then stand again, steadying myself. "There has to be some way out," I murmur. "Why would my father do this to me?"

I see Stefan slowly shake his head. "I don't even know." he sighs. "All I know is that you're pretty good with escape plans. You could have run if you followed through with your plans with me."

I begin to smile, letting the idea sit on my mind for a moment. "That's it," I reply, nodding. "That's how we will do it. We have to make him believe we are happy to be with him"