Chapter 1

Olivia was Never a fan of first days. It wasn't because anything bad happened, She just hated the feeling she got. But Olivia was also the type of person to ignore her problems and focus on everybody else's. That's why, when she walked down the hallway with her friends Demetri and Eli, she kept a close eye on the people around them.

Eli was always bullied because of the scar he had after getting surgery for his cleft lip. When Olivia moved to Los Angeles She kind of took on the role of being his protector. When somebody would say something about his scar she would immediately snap back and make sure they shut up. And it stayed that way.

They walked up to their lockers, Which were fairly close,  and put away their bags, grabbing the stuff they would need for the day. " What's your first class?" I asked them, closing my locker and turning to look at them.

"Chem." "History." I look at both of them disappointingly. "They had one job." I leaned against the locker behind me, looking at the ceiling, wishing death upon whoever split them up.

"It's okay. If anything we will see you at lunch" Eli gave me a small smile. "You're right." I pushed myself off the locker. "I guess I'll see you guys later." I pulled them into a small hug and started toward my first class. 

Once I found it, I quickly found a seat in the back of the classroom as the first bell rang. When kids started piling into the room I tuned out the rest of the class. It was basically just the syllabus and an introduction anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I got my lunch I quickly looked for the table Eli and Demetri were sitting at. Once I found it, I rushed over and sat next to Eli. He looked over at me and gave me a small smile while Demetri was talking about something nerdy. I quickly returned the smile and happily ate my food. If there was anything she enjoyed in school, it would definitely be the food. It was better than what they had in Atlanta. 

"Is it cool if I sit here?" I Look up at the unfamiliar voice. "Ooh, sorry, Table is really blowing up right now. I can put you on the waitlist, But it's probably next semester at the earliest." The boy looks confused at Demetri's words. 

"Okay." I quickly interject as he starts to walk away. "He's kidding. Please, Sit." He smiles at me as he sits down. 

"Miguel." He introduces. " Demetri. This is Eli. He's a man of few words." Demetri says as Miguel tries to welcomely nod at him. 

"And you Are?" He asks me. "Oh. I'm Olivia." He holds out his hand for me to shake. I hesitantly shake it. 

Miguel stares at the popular girls as they walk by. " Dude, Don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls." Demetri explains " Do you ever talk to them or...?" Miguel asks. 

"Oh, yeah, all the time. We hang out after school. Make out, give each other hand jobs." Miguel rolls his eyes "Eli Here is the homecoming king. Olivia's the homecoming queen. They get laid more than anyone. Isn't that right Guys?" Eli smiles at him as I just give him a glare. 

"Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at, right? Unless you look like Olivia, You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college." I look at Demetri dumbfounded.

"what's that supposed to mean?" Demetri opens his mouth to respond but is quickly interrupted. "oh, shit, Yasmine's looking at us. Probably just making fun of me." Eli looks down at the table. I reach my hand up and slightly squeeze his arm.

"I don't think she's making fun of you. I mean, just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean. Olivia's hot and she's not making fun of you." Miguel looks over at me. " I don't know if I should feel uncomfortable or not.." I gave him a weird look.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school. I'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face." Demetri looks over,  practically drooling over Yasmine. "That's the grossest thing I've heard all day." I go back to eating my food.

"Yeah, well, if you don't make a move, You're never going to have a shot with her." Miguel encourages. " True, but I'll also never suffer a humiliating rejection. I'm at peace with my depression. last thing I need is to be suicidal." Demetri goes back to admiring Yasmine. 

I Look up as Miguel gets up from the table. "what are you Doing?" Demetri asks. "Striking first." He replies, determined. " Oh, shit, I hope we don't get hit with the shrapnel." We all sit back and watch as Miguel walks toward the table. 

As he gets closer, Kyler and his friend Sit at the table. Miguel stops and Kyler waves at him. He turns around and walks back to our table. He quickly sits back down and drinks his juice. " So how'd it go?" Miguel waves off Demetri. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the first chapter. I hope it wasn't too horrible. It will hopefully get better as the story progresses, and again, feedback is Greatly appreciated :)