Chapter 14

I stood next to Hawk, playing a game of Volleyball with Him, moon, and Demetri. I wore a Matching blue two-piece bathing suit with jean shorts covering the bottom since we were at the beach. 

We stood on the other side of the net, waiting for Demetri to throw the ball. He cracked his neck and hit the ball, Making it hit the net in front of him.

"Mulligan, send it back." Demetri walked back to his spot.

"There's no mulligans in volleyball." Hawk shook his head. 

Demetri scoffs. "Says you." He walked over to his towel. "Water break." He announced, even though we barely did anything. 

"We didn't even do anything. How could you possibly need a water break." I put my hands on my hips.

"Hey, throwing that ball takes a lot of work." He pointed to the ball. He started wiping his face with a Cobra Kai towel.

"Cobra Kai?" A girl that was walking by asks. "You guys won that Karate tournament right?" 

He slowly moved the towel away from his face. "The All Valley... The Rumble in Reseda?" He threw the towel onto his shoulder. "Yes, uh, we, uh... We certainly did." He leaned on the pole that was attached to the net.

"Cool." She smiled. "We're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?" 

"Most def. That means "most definitely." He nodded. I snickered at his awkwardness. Hawk gently hit my arm and started laughing with me.

The girls giggled and walked away. "Dude, that was awful. Do you even know how to talk to girls?" I laughed.

"No actually, I've never talked to a girl that wasn't you." He shook his head.

"It'd be nice if you actually earned the Cobra Kai cred you're so happy to take." Hawk walked closer to him. I followed him, leaning my arm on his shoulder.

"When are you ever gonna sign up?" I asked him.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I'm kind of enjoying the gain without the pain." 

"Hawk. Olivia." Miguel said, finally arriving.

"Miggy!" I ran up to him and hugged him. As we've gotten closer, I've grown to think of him as a brother. We always have each other's backs and are always there for each other. I don't know what I would do without him.

"Hey, There's the man." Hawk dapped him up after we pulled away from the hug.

"What's up?" Miguel said, sounding gloomy.

"Please do not tell me you're still sulking over Sam." I crossed my arms.

"I'm not sulking about Sam. It's about Sensei." He shook his head.

"Did he get drunk and do something stupid again? I swear he's gonna end up in jail permanently one of these times." I uncrossed my arms, shaking my head.

"It's about him and Robby Keene." He declared.  

"I think Robby is his son." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------