Chapter 28

Miguel was now walking. He was Walking. And now he was finally able to return to school. 

I Watched Miguel walk into the school building, Seeing the "WELCOME BACK MIGUEL" sign that was hung on the railing. People immediately saw him and started clapping and cheering for him. He walked around, People fist-bumping him and Saying hi as he walked by. 

"El Serpiente!" Hawk walked up to Miguel and Fist-bumped him, Keeping his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, Miggy!" I gave him a big smile and high-fived him.

"What's up?" Miguel smiled at us. 

"Welcome back, man." Hawk smiled at him.

"Feels good to be back." He nodded. 

"So did they like give you like bionic legs or some shit?" I questioned, looking down at his legs.

"No, same old boring human legs." He smiled again.

"Oh, yeah? So can you throw down?" Hawk removed his arm from around my shoulders and playfully punched Miguel, getting into a poor fighting stance. "Gotta defend that title." He laughed.

"Gotta get through me first." Hawk then added. "Dude, Cobra Kai is crushing it." 

"I've been meaning to talk to you guys about that." Miguel got serious. The school bell went off, Interrupting our conversation. "We'll talk about it at lunch."

"Sure." Hawk shrugged.

"See you, Miggy." I smiled at him, watching him walk away. 

He didn't even say anything back. How rude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat next to Hawk at lunch. I saw Mitch walk up to our table, going to sit down. 

I put my leg up on the chair. "Sorry. Party's full." 

"Where am I supposed to sit?" He looked around.

"The reject's table. Over there." I gestured to the table.

We laughed as he made a face and then walked to the table. 

Miguel then walked into the Cafeteria, basically storming over to us. He had a pissed-off expression on his face. 

"Oh, hey man." Hawk got up and walked up to him. I followed.

"I heard about what happened with Demetri. How could you do that?" He asked Hawk. "How could you let him do that?" 

My face fell and I just looked at the ground, avoiding his gaze. 

"You should be thanking me for getting revenge on Miyagi-Do. And they started the fight. We finished it." Hawk stated.

"That's not what Sensei taught us." He shook his head. 

"He's not our Sensei anymore." Hawk stated again.