Chapter 13

Johnny had texted me and Miguel telling us he got his car remolded and wanted us to ride in it with him the next day. 

We walked out of our apartments, Putting on sunglasses. We walked up to each other and fist-bumped, walking in sync.

We got into his newly painted car, Miguel in the passenger and me in the back. We sped out of the parking lot and drove down the street, stopping at a stop sign.

A car that had two chicks in it stopped beside us and looked over at Johnny and Miguel bopping their heads to the music that was playing in the car. Miguel turned to look at them, smiling at the girls checking him out. 

"Don't look. Play it cool." Johnny continued bopping his head. Miguel looked his way and then back to the road, continuing to bop his head. 

"You guys are weird."  I looked between them.

"Not as weird as you." Johnny said, turning up the music and speeding down the road.

"I'm not weird!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched Miguel, who was using Aisha's phone to call Sam. He was begging her to forgive him when she finally hung up. 

I walked up to him. "She's never gonna take you back if you keep bothering her." 

He looked over at me and shook his head. "I've tried everything. I don't know what to do anymore." 

I grabbed his shoulder. "Just keep giving her time. Let her come to you." 

He nodded and smiled. "Good idea. Make's me seem less desperate." 

I rolled my eyes. "You are desperate." I walked away from him. I walked up to Hawk and Aisha, who were Messing with two of the new people.

"Did I say you could speak?" Hawk yelled at one of them. 

"Guys, look, they're just messing with you." I hit the bigger one's arm, dapping him up.

"Thanks." He said.

"Besides, everyone knows your names are Ass-face and Douchebag." I stood next to Hawk, Returning his fist bump.

"Dibs on Ass-face." The smaller one whispered. 

The bell above the door went off, signaling that someone walked in. I looked over, seeing an older man walk in. 

"Who's that?" Hawk whispered to me.

"I don't know." I shook my head.

Me and Hawk continued to mess with the two kids, Miguel walking over to the older man to deal with him.

Eventually, we got into our designated spots, Johnny standing up front. "Class, We have a visitor. This is Mr. Kreese. He's just an observer. Pretend like he's not even here." He introduced.

"Mr. Diaz. Warm them up." He demanded, making Miguel walk up to the front.

We bowed. "Fighting Positions!"