Chapter 23

Hawk had dragged me back to the Cobra Kai dojo. He said I couldn't avoid it forever, and that Getting back into Karate could help with my emotions. 

"Weakness is unacceptable. The fight at the school was an embarrassment." Kreese lectured. "You lost soldiers and you lost the battle. But you will not lose again."

"Diaz was one of our own. What they did to us, they did to all of us." He continued. "And it will not go unanswered. We will show no mercy. We will show no weakness. We will strike back and we will strike hard! Is that clear?" 

"Yes, Sensei!" 

"I can't hear you!" (Aye aye captain. Sorry, continuing on.) 

"Yes, Sensei!" We yelled louder. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood next to Hawk as he jumped toward Bert, making him flinch. 

"Come on Bert, don't let him scare you." I smiled.

"Class." Kreese came out of his office, hiding his hands behind his back. Everybody turned toward him, walking up to him. "You worked hard today. So before you're dismissed, I have a little treat for ya." 

He moved the mouse from behind his back. "I wanna introduce you to a friend of mine.

"Aw. Cool. What's its name?" Bert asked him. 

"I don't know. What should it be?" He asked.

"Hawk Junior." Hawk smiled. 

Kreese chuckled. "Bert, what do you think?"

"Um... Clarence?" He smiled. 

"Clarence. Good." Kreese nodded. "Here, take him." He handed the mouse to Bert. 

"He's so cute, guys." Bert said, making some people laugh at him. 

"You know, it's almost lunchtime." Kreese mentioned. 

"Ooh, can I feed him?" Bert volunteered. 

"No." Kreese said. He walked over to a box that had a covering in it. "But you can feed him." He tugged it off, Reveling a snake. 

"Uh..." Burt gulped. "What does he like to eat?" 

"He likes to eat... Clarence." Kreese turned to him. 

Bert gulped and looked around. 

"It's ok. Come on." Kreese motioned for Bert to walk over to him. Bert hesitated. "Come on." Kreese encouraged again. Bert slowly walked up to him. "There you go." 

Kreese opened the little hatch for Bert to drop the Mouse in. Bert hesitated again. 

"I can't." He shook his head. 

Kreese smirked. "It's ok." He took the mouse back. "I understand. Clarence is your friend. It's okay to object. Who else objects?" A few people raised their hands.