Chapter 29

"What the hell are you doing here?" Hawk yells, seeing Robby in the dojo. He storms up to Robby, an angry expression on his face. 

"Hold on there." Kreese stops him. "Mr. Keene is our guest."

We all look at him, and Tory is the only one who greets him with a nod. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's not one of us." I argued with Kreese. 

"With the All Valley back on, we need as much strength as we can get." Kreese sat on his desk. 

"We don't need him." Hawk gestured to the main dojo where Robby stood. 

"He put Miguel in the hospital. He's the enemy." I added. 

"You know, when I was overseas, it was hard to tell who was the enemy. A defenseless local one minute would pull a knife on your throat the next. But you know what I learned?" Kreese questioned. 

"What's that?" Hawk asked. 

"The enemy of your enemy... Is your friend." he sipped his coffee. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stood in the woods in front of a zoo. We were here to pick up a cobra for Kreese since he let the other one lose in LaRusso Auto. 

"Ok, we've got one shot at this. Quick, in and out, we'll be good." Hawk told us. "Know what you gotta do?" He asked Kyler.

"Hell yeah. Let's go. Yeah." Kyler nodded. 

"All right sweet." Hawk smirked. We all then laughed. Robby then walked up to us. 

"Someone took their sweet ass time." Tory announced.

"You invited him?" I asked her. 

"I did. Why? You got a problem with that?" She asked. 

I just shook my head and looked away. 

"Here you go, Keene." Kyler tried to hand him a beer. 

"Im good." Robby turned down the offer. 

"What, you can't handle a sip of beer?" Hawk said, causing a few of us to laugh. 

Robby shrugged. "Nah, I just don't need to drink to pretend to be cool." 

"Yeah, that's funny." Hawk started walking toward him in a threatening way. 

"All right. Let's keep going." I pulled him back, not wanting a fight to start right now.