Chapter 3

At Exactly Midnight, I met up with Miguel and His sensei, Which I learned recently his name was Johnny, at the high school. We walked through the school to where the pool was. "Sensei, what are we doing here at midnight?" Miguel asked.

" Are we even supposed to be here, or are we just breaking and entering?" My eyes widened "Please tell me we didn't break and enter, I don't want to be a teenage criminal." 

" No, we didn't break and enter." Johnny rolled his eyes. " My buddy's the night janitor." He reassured, even though I definitely didn't believe him. He probably doesn't even have any friends.

" Ok." Miguel sighed. 

Johnny slid off the ropes that he had hanging from his neck. " All right, let me see your guys' hands." he held up the rope.

Me and Miguel held up our hands and Johnny tied them. "What are you doing?" we said at the same time.

"When you're in a fight, Your first instinct is to use your hands, right? You gotta unlearn that," He finished with the ropes." And think with your legs." He finished.

"What is that even supposed to-" I was cut off by him pushing me and Miguel into the pool. I quickly tried to kick my way up to the surface, but I couldn't. I had no idea what I was doing.

A few seconds later I was pulled up from the water by my hair. I sucked in some air "We're literally drowning. Get us out of here." I said breathing in more air.

"Drowning is for pussies, all right? Don't be a pussy! Use Your legs!" He let go of our hair and we sunk back into the water. I used my legs more to kick myself up to the surface, and surprisingly it was working. Johnny might've been a little dumb, but he definitely knew his ways. 

I finally kicked my way up to the surface, Breathing air in like it was the last time I would ever breathe. "Good Job! See Miguel, she's never done karate and made it up before you." He pulled me out of the water by my arms.

He then pulled Miguel out by his hair " Please not again! Ill Die!" Miguel breathed out.

"'Cobra kai never dies.' Say it." Johnny demanded.

"Cobra Kai Never Dies!" Miguel yelled.

" Say it like your life depends on it!" Johnny demanded again. 

"Cobra Kai Never Dies!" Miguel yelled louder.

"I'm not gonna help you this time. You have all the power in your legs you need. Use it to kick your way up. Do you understand?" Johnny ended.

"Yes, Sensei!" Miguel yelled. Johnny let go of his hair and Miguel sunk back into the water.

He walked back over to me and untied the ropes and we walked back over to the water and watched Miguel. " Come on Miguel.." I whispered.

He finally Kicked his way up " Yeah, Miguel!" I cheered.

" Yes, That's it! Keep Kicking!" Johnny half cheered.

" Three Minutes! Keep going!" He encouraged.

"Ten Minutes!"

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" A voice suddenly yelled.

"Oh shit." Johnny muttered.

He pulled Miguel out of the water "We gotta go!"

"You're not allowed in here!" The voice said again.

" I thought you said you were friends with the night janitor?" I mocked.

"Yeah, Well, I lied." He said, rushing us out of the school.