Chapter Five

Felix smiles at his friend as they leave the classroom, "it went great for me. I think this time I'll actually get a good grade." 

Jisung on the other hand doesn't have the same mindset. "I'll probably fail again." He doesn't bother lifting his feet as he follows his friend down the hall, rubbing his eyes. He didn't sleep well, his head still occupied with too many thoughts. 

"How? You were pretty good when we practised Saturday." Felix eyes him, putting a hand around his shoulder. "Who's on your mind, huh?" 

Jisung scoffs, lowly, glaring at his friend. "What are you implying? I just slept like shit." "I see that. But why?" "Nothing I want to talk about." "But-" 

Jisung pushes him off of himself, stepping away. "I don't want to talk about it, Felix." He sighs, looking at the ground so he wouldn't have to see the hurt in Felixs eyes. "Let's just grab lunch." 

Felix just nods, following him further. Thankfully Jeongin and then Seungmin meet them at the entrance of the cafeteria and Felix gets to talk with them, trying to lift the mood slightly. 

"Felix!" Changbin greets his boyfriend and the four of them join the other four. Jisung ends up at the end next to Chan and across of Minho, which doesn't ease his thoughts at all. But he doesn't bother engaging in conversations, that is until Hyunjin says something that catches his attention. 

"Felix, isn't that guy your friend? Hanseok, right? He looks like somebody beat him up." 

Jisung freezes, not able to turn. He doesn't want to see the guys face, it's already haunting him more than enough. 

"Oh shit, Hanseok, what happened?" Felix asks. From the corner of his eyes Jisung sees somebody halting right next to him, "I am fine, don't worry." 

Of course, it's him. The whole table must look at him, but Jisung doesn't want to look up. 

"Are you sure you're alright? That looks bad." Chan speaks up. 

"I am really alright." Hanseok pauses for a second. "Jisung, can I talk to you for a moment?" 

Jisung stares at his food, managing a shrug. "Go ahead." 

"Can we talk alone?" There is silence. Hanseok gulps, looking at all the guys that sit at the table, then at Minho, when just shortly, not being able to stand the glare. "I am uh, I just wanted to say sorry. For what happened at the party." He swallows again. "I shouldn't have- I am sorry. I uh, I won't talk to you and Felix ever again." 

Jisung can see him bow to him, and he looks up, starring at the black hair. And indeed, as the guy stands up correctly, everybody could see his dishevelled appearance. One of his eyes is a dark purple, clear marks on his cheek of being hit with whole force, a slight cut at his lip. 

Jisung quickly looks down, his skin burning in an uncomfortable way. He doesn't manage to say anything, not knowing what.  

"I uhm, I'll get going, then. Bye." Then his body retreats, leaving the table in silence. 

"What happened?" Felix asks Jisung over the table, but Jisung just shakes his head. "Nothing. Don't worry." He gets up, "I'm not hungry anymore." 

He retreats quickly, throwing his full tray away before rushing outside. It isn't even that bad, but somehow that night wouldn't get out of his head.