13 | Losing a Lover

Simetra stopped the bloodshed for a split second, to make an announcement to his comrades. "Cecilia has lost." He said, privileged in his voice. "We have also lost Axel, but it does not matter." Ahriman smirked. "Finally. That twerp is dead." Simetra let out a cocky smile. "Of course, that was to be expected. No one will defeat us." Faolan stayed silent, as he looked over at Naphtali, who lowered his head. Naphtali stared downward. His body was feeling indescribable emotions. He couldn't control them. Simetra looked at him. "We are winning, young Naphtali. With the death of your sister, the morale of the Old World has dropped drastically." He stepped toward him. "Bow down." Naphtali stayed on both of his feet. "I said.. bow." Naphtali's eyes glowed blue, as his head raised back up. "It's you who should be bowing." Simetra took a single, shocked, step back. "What?!" Naphtali raised his knee up, swinging his leg toward Simetra's stomach, kicking him back. "Gnh.." Simetra groaned, as his feet skid along the ground. "What are you doing?!.." Naphtali seemed to be going against his own free will. "I don't know.. but, at the same time.. It feels so right." Faolan stepped forward. "Naphtali, enough." Naphtali raised his hand, and sent a pulverising blast toward Faolan. "Tch!" Faolan attempted to backfire it, but it blew right past that, and knocked Faolan over. "Gah!" Naphtali looked at Ahriman. "My sister.. she's dead." His hand grabbed his own chest. "This place, right here.. aches. It's been broken. Can you tell me why?" Simetra muttered to himself, as he summoned the Queen's Blade. "This can't be right.. he's not supposed to be able to feel any emotion." Naphtali took a few steps toward Ahriman. "You.. lowly God." Ahriman frowned. "What did you just.. say to me?!" Naphtali summoned a dark blue, transparent box around Ahriman. "Hey!" He knocked on the box, attempting to break out of it. "Let me go!" Naphtali began to collapse the box in on itself, giving Ahriman a few seconds before an inevitable death. "I can't explain it.. but my body is fighting on its own. It's trying to protect something.." His mind flashed blurry, vivid memories of the Holy Stones. "Something like.. my friends." Simetra walked up, behind him. "Friends?!" He raised his arm up. "Nonsense. You don't have any friends! You are my puppet.. and you are NOT ESCAPING FROM MY CONTROL!" He dug a syringe into the back of Naphtali's neck. Naphtali's powers began to evaporate around Ahriman. "Koff, koff!" Faolan worried for him, but he couldn't show it. He didn't want to go through the same thing. Naphtali's vision got blurry, as he looked up at Simetra. "Is that.." He squinted his eyes. "You, Artemis?.." He dropped to his knees, and sat on all fours. Simetra raised his leg up in the air. "No. There is no Artemis anymore. There is simply.. Simetra." He swung his leg down, digging the syringe deeper into Naphtali's neck. "Guh!.." He flopped down on his side, almost like he was unconscious. Seconds later, he stood back up. Once again, he was a puppet.

Phirana held onto Axel's dying body in her arms, or, what remained of it at least. Isaac watched the gold sparkles which came from Cecilia's body fly up into the sky, practically disappearing in the air. He wiped the tears from his eyes, as he looked up. "Hey.. Cecilia. What's death like? Can you tell me?" He smiled. "I wanna know what you're doing right now. Who you're talking to? Do you even exist anymore?" He looked down. His hand reached for a golden chain of some sort which lay on the ground. He picked it up. "A pendant, huh?.." Isaac clicked the button on the top, which revealed a black-and-white picture on the inside. It had the tiniest signature from Cecilia and Naphtali. Isaac chuckled. "Don't worry Cecilia." He stuffed the pendant back into his pocket. "I'll get this back to him." He stood back up. "I promise." Across the battlegrounds, Viola ran across the barren wasteland, as the pastel green sky turned back into its bloody red. She wiped the tears from her eyes, as she turned her direction around. "I know what this is.." She smiled. "My daughter.. you fought well, didn't you?" She spoke to herself, as she ran in the direction of Isaac and Phirana. "I know I wasn't there for most of your life.. but.. you were my daughter. I loved you more than anything." Her smile turned into a face filled with rage and determination. "I will avenge you.. I simply will." In the white void, the Holy Stones could feel Cecilia's energy disappear. Euryale, Akuji and Lilith all nodded, understanding what this meant. It didn't take long for them to accept what had happened. In honour of the fallen hero, they built a statue for her. Sol summoned a large, concrete block into the air. It dropped onto the ground, standing tall, just behind the Heaven Doors. Flora summoned her gauntlets, and used them to give the concrete more shape, and texture to it. Euryale used the chains in his veins to hold it down, making sure it didn't topple over. It had to be perfect. Lilith summoned a large, protective orb around it, to make sure nothing damaged it. But, before that, Akuji summoned her katana, and began cutting down the concrete, to turn it into a statue of Cecilia. By the time it was done, it was a statue of a beautiful, blonde woman, who had glowing green wings on her back, and a pastel green gown to go along with it. Her blonde hair had a flower crown atop it, to signify her ability to heal anything she touched. Before they left it alone, they all bowed down, one final time. Even the most legendary of heroes, the Holy Stones, and Omniversal Warriors, bowed down to a simple human like Cecilia.