73. We are not friends

🪐

🪐

Theo and Tracy walk into the school trying to find The Beast, Theo looks at the message on the locker with his yellow eyes.

DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

They shift back to his normal eyes as they hear a crash inside of a classroom. They walk closer and closer to the room when Theo is then pinned to a locker. He looks up to see Rayne standing there with red eyes.

"Theo?" She asks
"Rayne?" He asks and she rolls her eyes and lets go of him
"The fuck are you doing here?" She asks.

"I could ask you the same question." He says
"I heard something over the radio." Rayne says and he looks at her
"The police radio." She corrects.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" He asks
"Wouldn't you like to know." Rayne says looking up at him. She then turns and lets her back hit the lockers and sighs.

"So, what fucked up ancient killer did the doctor's resurrect?" Rayne asks
"La Bete."
"Like the Beast of Gévaudan?" She asks.

"How do you know what that is?" Theo asks
"My friend had to do family history." She says
"So, how have you been?" He asks.

"You're really gonna ask this now?" Rayne asks
"I thought we were friends?" He asks
"Just because I haven't killed you doesn't mean we are friends.

"You wouldn't kill me. You like me too much." Theo says
"You betrayed me." She says.

"I betray a lot of people." He says
"But I lo-" Rayne gets cut off when the sound of hear a combination of the Dread Doctors' skittering noise as well as a low growl. Rayne, Tracy and Theo slowly walk down the hallway toward the source of the noise, eventually finding the Dread Doctors standing there waiting for them. Tracy goes to attack one and tries to slash them across the face.

Then one of them backhands her across the face so hard she flies into the nearby row of lockers and bounces onto the ground. Rayne covers her mouth trying to hide her smile while Theo stays there still.

"Leave." The doctor says
"Where is it?" Theo asks
"You already have your pack." It says.

"It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes." Theo says flashing his yellow beta eyes
"Do they look red to you?" He asks
"I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf!" He shouts.

"At least you're self aware." Rayne smiles.

Then, heavy footsteps that seem to shake the ground beneath their feet are heard as the Beast lumbers toward them. It is clutching the severed head of a man in its hand by the hair, and it drops the head onto the floor, where it rolls toward Theo's feet.