76. The Choice

🪐

🪐

Rayne, Scott, Liam, and Stiles are driving down a dark road in Stiles' Jeep when Scott gets the text message from Argent
"He's headed to the school." Scott says
"Why's Parrish headed to the school?" Liam asks.

"It's not Parrish... At least, not right now." Rayne says
"Okay, why's a Hellhound going to the school?" Liam asks
"Cause he's got a yearning for higher education?" Stiles suggests.

"Liam, the Hellhound's at the school, so we're going to the school. Okay?"

🪐

They arrive to the school in the Jeep, where they all pile out into the parking lot and walk toward the school as well. Since Liam was in the backseat, he's the last one out, and he accidentally slams the door closed too hard, startling the others with the loud banging noise it creates. Rayne, Scott and Stiles turn back to look at Liam.

"Sorry." He whispers and they walk toward the school under the bridge, where they eventually find Argent walking toward them, his gun in hand at his side with Isaac following him. Argent looks around anxiously as the boys rush toward him to see what is going on.

"Where's Parrish?" Scott asks
"I lost him. He's moving too fast." Argent says
"Scott...? That guy's not moving at all..." Liam says and they turn to see what Liam is looking at and find that a man's body is laying in a puddle of blood several meters away under the catwalk. Argent, Scott, and Liam all reflexively start to walk toward it, but Stiles grabs Scott by the elbow.

Scott jerks his head toward the body as he looks at his best friend, and Stiles reluctantly follows after them. When they finally make it to the body, they all look horrified when they see that the victim's chest and abdomen has been completely torn to shreds by large claws.

Looking slightly ill, they slowly step around the large puddle of blood to follow the carnage out from under the bridge, where they find another body laying several meters away, near the bus bay, that has been just as badly mauled as the first. As they move closer, Liam notices that the bus next to the body has opened back doors that reveal dozens of mauled people inside, and he jerks his head toward the bus as well.

"Look." Liam says Rayne, Argent, Scott, and Stiles squint and look equally horrified when they see just how many people were brutally ripped to shreds and sprawled across the floor and hanging over the seats. To all of their surprise, one of the people in the bus, a young blond man, is still alive, and coughs before reaching out toward them as he weakly pleads for help.

Scott, who cannot bear to see anyone hurting, takes a step toward him in an attempt to help. However, he's stopped in his tracks by the appearance of Parrish, whose eyes are glowing with fire, his fangs and claws out, and the veins of what looks like magma crackling through the soot-covered skin on his chest and back, making it obvious that the Hellhound is currently in charge. The Hellhound's voice has a very deep undertone as he speaks.