10 - Aftermath and Beyond

30 August 2022 (Y1578), 10:20 AM,
Few kilometers southwest of Mirliane Port, Gloriane

The seas rocked the docked ships of the port as its waves splashes against them. However, things aren't the same as it used to be.

The locals were terrified when they heard of the news that their armies were destroyed and their fleet nowhere to be seen. It made it even worse when the Novinae even went ahead and infiltrated the Royal Castle, something that nobody expected.

Then one last news came in - their king had been killed, which most assumed the Novinaes did it. The people were enraged, some called for these Novinaes to be taight another lesson, while some opted to sue for peace. The same opinions cannot be said for the citizens of the recently conquered lands, as they saw this as an opportunity to rise against their occupiers.

Clashes have occured within multiple cities in the conquered territories between the local militias - and some of the local lords' armies - against the garrisoned Gloriane soldiers and the locals who sided with them.

Fearing the uprising might spread even further, the newly formed Imperial Regency has decided that the best case scenario was to follow with what some of their citizens have been saying - surrender to the Novinaes.

Obviously, many didn't like this proposal as it was unfitting of them, but this was countered by the fact that the Novinaes took out most of their armies along with assassinating their king within a day, proving that the Novinaes could do more than that given enough time.

And so, two warships - which didn't join the war because of their patrol duties - and a royal yacht were dispatched to send their message of surrendering. Aboard Royal Gloriane Yacht (RGY) Pearl, one diplomat of royal blood and two generals make up the representatives for Gloriane.

The clouds remained grey, fitting the current mood of the disheartened Glorianes after the devastating and humiliating defeat, all in a single day.

Minutes later, they have crossed the maritime boundary between Gloriane and Atria. Should any Atrian or Novinae vessels spot them, they will fly their white flag.

All they could do now was hope and pray that the Novinaes along with the Atrians wouldn't give harsh conditions for the upcoming peace treaty.

- - - - - -

10:43 AM,
Near Ulletria Harbour, Atria

Two ships patrolled the waters near the maritime boundary, bearing the flag of Novinae.

The crews onboard the ships did their tasks as usual, though a tense atmosphere still lingers among them due to the fact that although they have fought the might of the Gloriane navy and won, the war isn't officially over yet.

The commanding officer (CO) of HNMS Hareo stood in the bridge, observing the seas which were engulfed in a light fog. As he was about to go and grab his cup of tea, a message came through the comms between them and HNMS Sefolk.

<<Hareo, this is Sefolk. We spot three wooden ships appearing from the fog.>>

The CO of Hareo grabbed the radio and responded, <<Sefolk, we copy. Put your cannons on standby, we'll first check their intentions.>>

As a minute went by, the wooden ships were as little as 300 meters away from them.

<<Attention, foreign ships! You are entering the waters of the Kingdom of Atria! State your intentions!>>, Hareo's CO spoke on the speaker of the ship.

Then, the three ships raised a white flag, before hearing a voice coming from one of them, which was as loud as their own speaker.

"We are representatives of Gloriane sent by the Imperial Regency. We have come to Atria to announce our surrender! We mean no harm!"