5 - Preparations

D19 M8 Y1578 (19 August 2022),
~9:00 AM,
HMNB (Her Majesty Naval Base) Ovisia, 10 kilometres north of Ovisia Harbour

As the sun rises above the horizon, it marks the start of the 19th day since their summoning to this world - Liberes as it was called by the Atrians.

The government of Novinae is still busy as ever albeit not as busy as their first week on Liberes. They have done a lot of things, such as introducing Ulletria, the capital of Atria, electricity, although only small parts of the city has this technology. There's also a radio tower planned to be built near the city. They planned to introduce these technologies along with many others to the rest of Atrian cities, improving the quality of living in the kingdom as part of the agreement.

Back to Novinae, a meeting was taking place. A meeting between Novinae and their protector who protected them even to this day. They are none other than the representatives of the United Kingdom of Anglia.

Ever since their discovery by an Anglian captain, the Anglians and the Novinaes have been very close as the first provides protection while the latter provides their ports.

It's been this way since the ratification of the Treaty of Aries on 1817. The Anglians agreed on stationing a few naval vessels in Novinae for protection and this still continues today. They've also expanded the agreement and sent more soldiers along with some aircrafts.

Currently, the vessels stationed in the HMS Ovisia are 1 Type 45 destroyer, 2 Type 23 frigates, 3 River class (Batch 2) OPVs and 5 Archer class patrol boats. For land and air forces, there are 240 marines stationed along with a squadron of Typhoons - the latter being station in a nearby Novinae-owned airbase.

However, even though its stationed in Novinae, the equipments still belonged to the Anglians, which is the reason that the Prime Minister of Novinae along with the Minister of Defence came to have a discussion regarding the fate of the Anglian forces with the Commander of the Anglian Forces Novinae (AFN) along with the Anglian ambassador to Novinae.

Both parties met in a meeting room inside the headquarters of the military base. The meeting was called upon by the Novinaes.

"Good morning, Anglian gentlemen," Ves greeted the Anglians.

"Good morning to you too, Mr. Prime Minister. Before we start, may we know the reason for you to hold a meeting with us?", the Anglian ambassador to Novinae, Merrick Anton, replied.

"I was about to get to that. Ms. Akriela?", Ves gestures to Akriela, the Minister of Defence, to explain.

"Well, as you may have known, our nation has been mysteriously summoned to another world. As a result, we have been cut off from every nation in Merrea, including yours, the United Kingdom of Anglia.

For the first few months, we are trying to get our economy out of the recession. However, we then realized another problem. The nations we have seen so far are medieval at best and if history tells us right, medieval era mainly consists of war. We predict that we might be involved in a war later on. For that, we will need more manpower and equipment, especially from you."

"So you'll require our help... Alright then, I get it. But from the looks of it, there must be something else, is there?", Merrick asked.

"You're a bit right about that, Mr. Merrick," Akriela said before handing a sheet of paper each to the Anglians.

"To make it easier for us to supply your men, we plan for the troops and equipments stationed in HMNB Ovisia, the Anglian Forces Novinae, to be intergrated into our defense force. This makes you under our command and lets us give you orders - to which you can agree or reject - but you'll still have the autonomy to conduct missions on your own. However, in emergencies, you'll be forced to follow our orders."