4 - Discussions and Agreements

D8 M8 Y1578 (8 August 2022),
6:50 AM,
Aries, Novinae

As the sun began to rise over the horizon, shining its warm rays to the Earth's surface, it is usually around this time that the people of Novinae wake up from their slumber.

The tenants of a room in a five star hotel began to wake up and taking turns to take their shower. These were the delegation sent by the Kingdom of Atria a day prior, their task being to officialize their relations with Novinae and to discuss various other things that could benefit both parties.

Their day starts with a breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, eating fluffy pancakes and sweet strawberry jams along with hot tea. This meal alone made them feel at ease, nearly forgetting the fact that they'll have a meeting with the nation's leader this morning.

After taking their breakfast, the schedule told that they'll be taking a tour around Aries again, this time while basking in the dawn's early light.

They got onto a black limousine and drove off, circling around the city. They were also accompanied by a person they're familiar with, which was Ellya Lialle. Compared to yesterday, the streets had more people, probably due to more citizens feeling less afraid of the outside environment after their transfer.

There were people walking, jogging and talking to one another, seemingly having a good time. Some were cycling around while some was looking at their limousine, curious of the reason of it roaming their streets.

The Atrians were told that they'll be visiting a mausoleum, the Mausoleum of Novinae, of their past monarchs who ruled the nation, before going to the meeting with the Prime Minister of Novinae with his cabinet.

While they were driving on a road next to an airport, they heard a loud roar coming from the sky. They lowered their windows, which the Novinae thought them on how to do it, and looked at the sky to see three grey darts flying across the sky at incredibly high speeds.

Ivette went back inside to ask what were this creatures, if they are one in the first place.

"W-What was that!?"

"Oh, that? It's one of our fighter jets in our air force called the Tiger I, the mainstay fighter of our nation."

Not knowing what a fighter jet is, Ivette could only ask for its speed, "A-A fighter jet? How fast can it go?"

"Well, I'm no expert when it comes to military stuff, but I think its cruising speed was Mach 0.8. I'm not sure about the maximum speed but I'm sure its around Mach 1 or 2."

"Mach? What is a mach?", asked the confused Ivette.

"Mach is used to tell how fast sound can travel as Mach 1 is the speed of sound. There are a few aircrafts back in our world that can reach Mach 3 and 4."

Aircrafts faster than the speed of sound!? Although Ivette lacked the knowledge on how fast sound can travel, she has heard that its around 1000 kimeras per hour, which is a shock that the Novinae's so-called "aircrafts" can go over that.

Ivette stood silent after finding out that Novinae is stronger than it seems. If these aircrafts were to fight against Atria, than it wouldn't be a fight, it would be a one-sided massacre. On the other hand, it could defeat the Glorianes if they were to attack, which made Ivette's task to gain military aid from them even more of a priority.

The fate of Atria lies in her delegation's hands and if the negotiations were to fail, the outcome would be disastrous for Atria as a whole.

- - - - - -

9:40 AM,
Prime Minister's Residence, Aries

The Prime Minister, Ves Anderson, sat at his chair in his office, seemingly nervous. It would be the first time for him meeting the Atrians in person and the first time they will have proper talks with a nation in the New World.