Tales from Volume 1

hi, this is oofii. so i decided that every end of a volume, i will make a few short chapters, tales, that may or may not contribute anything to the story.

the time between each tales will vary, so i apologize for that.

without further ado, enjoy!

- - - - - -

Discoveries from the Seas

12 August 2022 (Y1578), 8:50 AM
(New) Asifik Ocean, few kilometers east of Aries
A small fishing vessel

"Man, can't believe its been almost two weeks since we got ourselves in this situation," a fisherman spoke to his friend.

Ever since the Summoning happened, the Novinae government placed bans on every single activity that involved things outside of the islands, this includes fishing.

However, just yesterday, the ban was lifted and was replaced with some restrictions to still protect the citizens to a certain degree.

The two human fishermen boarded their boat and left for the sea earlier in the morning. Though they seem to be relaxed right now, they were told to be wary of the seas.

The New World probably has even more sea predators compared to Merrea, this was discovered by the Novinaes over the days since the Summoning.

"You think there'll be stuff like krakens or megalodons?" the fisherman asked, casting his fishing net into the blue sea.

"Seeing that this is another world... I mean, we already know that elves exist, so it's not that far of a possibility for those creatures to lurk around here. Hell, magic somehow exists, so instead of normal krakens, we'll be fighting krakens with fire magic or something."

The fisherman gave him a weird look, "You know that fire can't exist in water, right?"

He responded, "I don't know, maybe magic can find a way or something through some bullshit it makes. Magic is something we're not sure how it works yet."

"I guess you do have a point," the fisherman look into the distance before saying something, "Hey, what kind of fish do you think we will catch?"

"Hmm... Maybe something like an arapaima but spiky."

Suddenly, the line for the fisherman's fishing rod went tight as something began to pull on it.

"Just as you say that!-" the fisherman exclaimed as he tried his best pulling the rod, fighting against this mysterious creature.

"I'll help!" his friend exclaimed. He quickly went to the fisherman's back and pulling him on his hips.

After a few seconds of pulling that felt like minutes, they managed to pull out the hook from the seas.

The creature that caught on to the hook's bait landed on the deck of the boat, moving frantically and gasping for air.

What came out of the water was a strange monster that resembled a salmon but covered in scales made out of rocks.

"...Can our knives even go through this thing?" his friend asked.

"Dunno. The government did tell us to give them any fish that we haven't seen, right?"

"Oh yeah, they did. Let's do that."

They sailed around for a few more minutes to catch more fish. In the end, they only captured two more fishes, both looked similar to tunas, but they were purple in colour.

After giving the fishes to the Novinae government, they in turn gave these two fishermen 10,000 Novis, equivalent to 3,000 dollars.

The Novinae government continued to conduct research on these new species of marine animals, mostly to see whether they are safe for consumption.