Volume 2 - 11 - The First Steps

A few days after the war with the Glorianes
3 September 2022 (Y1578), 8:00 PM
Aries, Novinae
A certain family household

The sounds of metal and ceramic clashing with one another was a common occurrence after the family had finished their dinner.

With their child occupied with her own toys, the husband and wife helped each other out on various kitchen duties.

When they were finished, they made their way to the living room and sat down on the couch, almost getting sucked into it.

"Alright, lets see what's up," said the husband as he turned on the television, displaying its brand's logo before being fully operational.

"Oh, yeah, that reminds me," the wife said. "The Prime Minister said that there'll be an official statement coming from them regarding the things that have happened in the past week, right? I wonder what it is."

"For them to come out with a statement, it's definitely something bad."

The husband used the remote and changed over the channels until he got onto the right one.

"-with an official statement from the Prime Minister of Novinae," said the news reporter.

The scene changed and a figure of a man could be seen, with multiple flashes of light illuminating him and the wall behind him.

The man cleared his throat, "Good evening to my fellow citizens. I apologize for taking the time of your day to announce this sudden broadcast.

The topic of this broadcast will touch the subject regarding the events that have been happening for the past few weeks outside of Novinae."

The man took a short break before continuing on.

"As you all may have known, our nation has been summoned into this new world, causing us to seek help from the nearby nations in this region.

Luckily for us, we stumbled upon a nation which has agreed to help us recover what has been lost, and that is the Kingdom of Atria.

During their trip to our nation, we held a conference with them that decided on the final demands made between us two nations.

Amongst the requests such as civilian technologies and opening trades, one request stood out from the rest. It tackles a more serious topic;

which is to deploy some of our military to Atria to defend it."

Camera flashes intensified following the end of the sentence with the husband and wife watching this letting out a slight gasp.

"The Atrians explained that the reasons for this is that the neighbouring nation north of them has been amassing a large amount of soldiers on their borders.

The nation is called the Holy Kingdom of Gloriane, infamous within the region for the atrocities they had committed against the demihumans, believing in a religion that promotes human supremacy above everything else."

"M-My goodness..." the wife muttered as she shuddered at the thought of such a nation existing.

"And now that they have conquered the rest of the smaller demihuman kingdoms, they now set their eyes on the last bastion for demihumans in the region, Atria.

If Atria were to fall to them, then our nation would begin to crumble as our economy dives into a depression, leading to the eventual collapse of Novinae.

In order to avoid such events from happening, I had discussed with the Assembly and after a week, came to the conclusion of forming a small expeditionary force into Atria.