Chapter 6

His arms held me. He looked strait into my eyes and kissed me forever. We rode away on purple cotton candy clouds and watched the lemon drops consume our worries. That is until i woke up. Today is Saturday and Braxton is picking me up soon to go and meet everyone. My father has been acting strange around me. I think it is because he found out about me and Braxton and i never told him. I think it hurt him. The only reason that i hadn't told him before was because i didn't know if Braxton still wanted me. If he was still mine.

"The eggs are almost done."

My dad insisted on fixing me breakfast this morning. I sat at the bar and watched him scramble my eggs and flip my pancakes and fry my bacon.

"Looks good."

It actually looked quite sad but i loved that he was trying.

"Well, i try!" He said with a smile. He was actually starting to act happy. I think this is the first time since Kendly. Maybe its just for me, but still, I want his life to matter. Sparks of misery drifted in my emotions but i tried to hide it. I wanted Braxton to love me for who i am. I wish we could run away together. And never have to face the earth again. Just to love, and to always love. To be lost in each other.

Knocking surrounded the house and engulfed our entrance. I raced to the noise with an excited aroma. Him. He was all i needed and know i could have him. Today i could have him. Even if i cant have him forever, i want to leave my mark on him. I want him to remember even when I'm gone.

"Hey sexy lady" he teased. I gave him a sarcastic look and punched his shoulder.

"So, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"Be careful with her." My dads voice boomed throughout the kitchen. He knew that Braxton would protect me to the end of the earth but i think he wanted to play the role of the overprotective father.

"Yes sir!" Braxton remarked, also playing a role.

He guided me onto the porch and out of my home as if i was handicapped. I guess he was used to it with Bo. Even though she was missing an arm not a leg.

"Will you be my baby?" He asked me. I smiled and blushed a little.

"What if i say no?" I asked while we walked passed Braxton's house.

"Then ill just have to kidnap you and keep you in my basement." He smiled at his cleverness. I laughed too.

"You wish you could kidnap all this."

I joked back.

"Come here you little cutie!"

He snatched me to the side and wrestled me to the ground.

"How can you be so beautiful?"

I asked him.

"You tell me. Your more beautiful than anyone on this earth can ever be." I blushed.

"Thanks, but its not true!" I stated very truthfully.

"LIAR!" he screamed at me and started tickling my tummy. I screached at this and tumbled over. We rolled in the beautiful green grass causing us to be late for our future plans. Oh well. This moment could not get any better.

After a while of tumbling with each other we journeyed back to meet with the group. They weren't that mad, But they were curious a ton. But even after we all hung out happily for a while, Braxton and i snuck away to enjoy each other.

We were lying in the yard, stargazing.

"Hey," he said.

"Yeah?"