Chapter 12

I woke up feeling the need to stay at the beach with Braxton forever. We were leaving tomorrow. The ringing phone alarmed me. I was expecting it to be dad but when i answered it it was Zoe.

"Hey girl, what are you doing?" She said kind of sadly.

"Hey, nothing much. I just woke up."

"Oh sorry! Did i wake u?" She said as if she was depressed and had lost her usual enthusiasm.

"No, no. Its fine! Whats wrong?"

"Oh........"

"Zoe, what is it? Maybe i can help."

"I just.... Its just..... Its Lenox." She said really quietly.

That was the guy she was currently dating.

"What did he do to you Zo?"

"He cheeted!" She screamed with pain. "I gave him everything!, and all he could give me was my broken heart!" I could hear and feel her tears behind the phone. I didn't know what to say.

"Zo, I'm so sorry!-"

"-he gave me this vintage necklace! It was just old actually! He said it was his grandmothers! A gift to her from her husband before he died in battle! He said they had both died and he wanted me to have it! That prick! He is such a pimp!"

"How do you know it wasnt?"

"I saw him at the mall. He was at the jewelry store so i decided to follow him. He was buying the exact same necklace! I saw him give it to another girl!"

"Oh no.."

"It was a silver chain with a little heart dangling in the middle. It had 'first love' engraved on it. The worst part was, that he was actually my first love. I thought he felt the same."

"Im so sorry Zoe, i wish i could hurt him. Ill put Braxton up to it when we get home tomorrow!"

"No."

"What Zoe? Why?"

"Its not.............i just can't!" She said crying heavily now.

"Zo?"

"Jules I'm pregnant!"

"No."

"Yes." She whispered lightly. "I have to go." I heard before the phone went dead. I held the phone up to my ear and waited even though i knew she was gone.

Why was everything bad happening to us? Were we the cursed ones? Now both of my soul sisters where emotionally dead like me. Why us? I started crying remembering my mother. I was so sad after Kendly died that i ignored her. I ignored her loving grasp. Then she left me too. She left us. Me and dad. Its not like she wanted to though. The afterlife took her away. I hate to admit it but it is the first time i have really morned over her. I have always diverted all of my attention to my brother instead of my loving mother. She was amazing though, an angel. Everybody knew it. She had married my father out of high school and had consumed me two years later. My father wasn't very social, unlike my mom. That is why people thought he killed her, because they didn't like him. It also could have been that they had just divorced. I guess they didn't get a good vibe from him at all of the neighborhood grill outs compared to my mom. Im like both of them. Im very social with my friends but i am shy around people I'm not close to. The only reason they divorced was because of Braxton. After his death, my father and i ignored her and wouldn't comfort her. It was only because we couldn't cope with it ourselves, how were we going to help someone else do it?

When i think about her i get shivers. She was so angelic, so pretty. He hair was like mine. Or should i say, mine like hers. She made me feel special in the times before we all were depressed. I don't think anybody tried to make our family work but her back then. I began talking to her, and if anyone heard me i know they would think I'm crazy. I faced the wall and did it anyway, because i love her and i wish i could get her back.