ᴾˡᵉᵃˢᵉ, ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵈⁱˢᵗʳᵃᶜᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵃˡˡ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ.

𝐌𝐫𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫, she looked worst for wear and yet relieved at the fact the two had turned up

𝐌𝐫𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫, she looked worst for wear and yet relieved at the fact the two had turned up. The temperature meters on their belts told them the house was twenty degrees - heating on clearly.

Lockwood pushed the door to the attic open whilst Carolynne kept the ladder steady. He climbed through and knelt down beside the hole so that he could reach down to grab Carolynne's hand, Lockwood's hand was warm and his grasp was tight. It made Carolynne feel safe.

When he pulled her into the attic they put down their bags and turned their torches on. Carolynne couldn't sense anything and Lockwood couldn't see any death glows. Neither of them could see an infestation of spiders and webs either, just the small amount you'd expect from an attic.

Either way, they decided to have a look around. Carolynne ran her hand over every box and sheet covered furniture before she turned back to Lockwood. "Did Mrs Wick give a time as to when she heard the wailing?"

After Mrs Wick had left last night the three teens had conversed different ideas to what it could have been and so far they'd landed on the idea of a Screaming Spirit.

Lockwood shook his head, "no, she said it was random but happened every night."

As Carolynne nodded the sound of a similar description to what Mrs Wick had said could be heard from the very back behind a rotted armchair. Neither of them were skilled listeners but they both very well heard that.

Lockwood stepped forward first, keeping his arm out infront of Carolynne to guard her from anything that would jump out. There was a small jingle of a bell before a ginger tom cat jumped onto the back of the chair and stared at the two as it sat down.It was strange, usually if there were any ghost activity a cat would stay well away.

"This makes no sense."

"You're telling me," Carolynne stepped towards the cat and started to stroke it gently, "hello little one."

The cat purred against Carolynne's touch before it jumped down to run against Lockwood's legs. The cat then looked up at him and made the noise again.

Carolynne laughed, "I'd say that's our case solved."

Carolynne picked the cat up and giggled as it rubbed it's face against hers, purring. A corner of Lockwood's lips lifted as he watched them, he brought his hand up and stroked under the cat's chin.

"Come on, we best go."

Carolynne nodded and followed Lockwood towards the the ladders, he took the cat from her and watched her climb the stairs before he passed the cat back to her.

"Waste of time if you ask me," Lockwood sighed as he put the ladders away and closed up the attic.

"Good job I didn't ask then," Carolynne smiled, "we got to meet this lovely. I hardly call that a waste of time."