Under the Rose

I′ve been burning in water and drowning in flame
To prove you wrong and scare you away
I admit my defeat and want back home
In your heart under the rose
- Under the Rose by HIM

Sometimes Regulus thinks, James Potter tries to absolutely ruin his life.

He has no other explanation for what is happening.

He was on his way to the library, determined to study for his OWLs, which will start in less than two weeks, when, suddenly, out of nowhere, a hand grabs him, pulls him into a broom closet and an impossibly annoying and horny Gryffindor Chaser smirks down at him.

"Hey," James whispers and then he kisses him like he is a starving man and Regulus the first bite of food in years.

Regulus protests in his head. He has to study. He has to concentrate on his exams. He has to revise and – oh, Salazar, his mouth feels so good against his.

He will fail all of his exams, but what are exams if he can have James' lips instead? James' hand is running through his hair, the other one slips down to his collar. He forces the buttons open and redirects his mouth away from Regulus' lips.

Regulus wants to protest again, but then James kisses his neck and Regulus would let him do literally anything he wanted with his body. James' hand slips further down along his chest and his side, down to his hip.

Regulus puts one hand into James' hair, tugs on it playfully and pushes him closer against his neck. James always looks like he just got fucked by a hurricane, so it doesn't matter if Regulus messes up his hair.

James drops both hands to Regulus' arse – Regulus cannot help the surprised gasp he makes, but it only encourages James. Regulus hooks one leg around James's and pulls him closer. He yanks lightly on his hair to get his attention. James looks up at him breathlessly and Regulus kisses him again, hot and open-mouthed.

Exams? What exams? James' tongue is in his mouth – exams and school don't exist.

Finally, James pulls away – which seems to cost him an insane amount of willpower.

"Fuck," he curses breathlessly, "Okay, either I let you go to the library now so you can study, or I fuck you right here."

Regulus stares at him. His mind is blank. He really needs to study. But his tie is loose already, he could as well be completely naked – at least, James could get him there in less than a minute, he's sure.

"Reggie?" James whispers.

"Give me a second, I'm thinking."

James laughs lightly, cups his cheeks and kisses him more gently this time.

About half an hour later, Regulus sits at his secluded table in the library. Not to say, he is at peace with the world, but very few things could ruin his day right now.

James skips over to him (they have agreed to rarely come here together, but always wait a few minutes so as to not seem suspicious) He drags Remus with him.

"Look who I've found on the way here," James grins and then sits down next to Regulus.

Remus, with a deep sigh, sits down across from them, "Hey Regulus."

"Hello. I don't have time to chat. I need to study. No one distract me further."

He knows James has a very telling smile on his face. He can feel its radiance without even looking up.

"Soo," Remus drags out the vowel, "You've finally fucked, then?"

"Moony, how dare you," James exclaims, "We did not fuck. I made sweet, sweet love to him."