Ch. 6) Nerves

Y/N's POV: I look down beginning to play with my finger tips as he rests his head on the foot board for a couple more seconds.

Soon enough Leon was making his way back to his feet, helping me up afterwards. "You okay?" He asks analyzing my body for any fresh wounds or reopened cuts.

"Yea, I'm okay. Are you?" I ask as our hands release from each other's grip. "Yea, No sweat." He gives me a grin as he turns around to pick up his gun. His comment only earning one back from me.

"I wonder what he meant though... A gift, In my blood?" He pauses after picking up his gun to look at the door way the freakishly large man had exited.

I slowly walk over to where he's standing giving him a snarky playful look, which earns his attention as he questionably watches me.

"Well... You ARE Leon Kennedy." I turn my nose up and avoid his glare closing my eyes with a prissy attitude after nudging my elbow in his side.

"Ah Shut up you." He lets out a chuckle lightly tapping my back and rolling his eyes as he makes his way to the door. Me following him as his face traps my eyes.

The way his face molded perfectly into whatever he was feeing. Whether he was laughing or angry, he always looked so astonishingly beautiful.

"Gimme a sec, I got an incoming call." He says as he lightly presses a finger to his right ear. I give him a nod staying quiet.

"Roost to Condor One. I've got that intel you requested on Luis Serra. It seems he used to be a researcher for Umbrella." He listens to her talk doing one more sweep around the room for anything that could be useful to us.

"Umbrella!? I should've left him in that bag to rot." His voice was angry and snappy as they talked, making me wonder what it was about.

"I'm sending you the details. Take a look, but baby eagle is your priority."

"Copy that. Making my way to the church. Condor one out." He hangs up the ear piece turning back towards the door, his face read anger.

He waves me forward staying quiet as we exit the room, pausing as we approach the door leading back outside.

"Stay close okay? I don't know what we're getting ourselves into." He gives me a serious look just barely turning his head to see me in his peripheral view.

"OK." I say getting lost by the view of his side profile. Shit... focus Y/N! He gives me a nod as he opens the door, exiting the house.

It's quiet outside as we make our way around, looking for materials we could use. I seems safe so I begin to wander off. Even if it wasn't the safest I now have ammo.

I hear a whining noise coming from around the side of a village house, Leon still off breaking things and looking for stuff. I take out my pistol as I slowly turn the corner.

It was just a dog... but he was stuck in a bear trap. "Awwww no." I move closer to the dog as I put my gun away, crouching down near the bear trap. "Hold on." I say as the dog gives me a pained look with a whine.

"LEON!" I shout as fast heavy footsteps grow closer. He quickly turns the corner without hesitation, a worried look plastered on his face.

"Help it... Please." I say as I turn back towards the dog who is now giving Leon puppy eyes. "Y/N... You can't scare me like that okay?" He shakes his head moving closer to kneel down behind the dog, giving me a look as he puts his hands between the bear trap.

"You too huh?" He says to the dog as he begins separating it just enough for the it to get out, making it look easy and effortless. The dog limps a couple inches away before turning back to Leon again, giving a thankful look.

Leon watches the dog run off with a happy twinkle in his eye. "Take care of yourself, buddy." He turns back to me who was still sitting on the ground watching the whole thing like I was at the movies.

His face falling back into an aggravated scowl.

"I told you to stay close and the first thing you do is wander off? Stay close means you need to stay by me unless I tell you other wise. Got it?" His eyes shooting daggers at me, not breaking eye contact until I acknowledge him.

"Okay... Got it." I say as I avoid his glare, looking to the ground as my feet shuffle in the dirt. I don't think I've ever made him so mad before... It was an awful feeling.

"Lets go. And this time, actually stay close." He moves past me shooting me another glare as I turn to follow him. Not daring to move anywhere else.

--------------------------------

Leon's POV: I don't want to be mad at her, but she needs to learn I'm trying to protect her while completing the mission.

I can't afford to lose her... I just can't, so she needs to stay with me that way I can be sure of her safety.

Eventually we made our way back to the village square, where I had witnessed my escort be burnt alive. We cautiously move forward searching for more things, this time she's right by my side.

The village seems to be empty so it was a good chance to look around. I move past the steak that was used for burning people taking in my surroundings. Moving closer to a tall building.

Suddenly a huge noise is coming from that same building as it comes smashing to the ground.

"What?!" I say as a huge cloud of dust from the crash envelopes us. Snarls and barking is heard from every corner around us, getting louder as they get closer.

"Shit! Y/N, stay behind me." I take out my shot gun backing up as one of the rabid dogs charges straight for us. Quickly, I take it out checking to make sure nothing was attacking from behind.

Y/N takes out her pistol taking a few shots at the one in front of us as I reload my shot gun. "Leon hurry! It's charging!" She says as I ready my shot gun, us both opening fire on the dog.

"I gotta reload." I cover her as she reloads her pistol, cocking it as another one charges. This one running straight for her, one blow of my shot gun wasn't enough, before it was on top of me. I fall to the ground with a grunt as it snaps at my neck.

"Agh, fuck off you mutt!" I yell as I shove my combat knife into the neck of the rabid dog. It was just enough to get it off me, her pistol still opening fire on the shit head, quickly killing it.

"Leon, are you okay?" She rushed to my side, kneeling down by me as soon as it's down. "Yeah, I'm okay." I say, placing my hand on her knee in a comforting way.

She offers me her hand as she stands up, I quickly make my way to my feet taking it. 

"Thanks for protecting me Leon. I'm sorry I upset you earlier." She says avoiding my gaze as her hand drops mine. Her eyes were back on her fiddling hands.

"Hey, don't mention it." I gently lift her chin up with my hand as it cups her chin so her eyes would meet mine. Her hands stop moving. I have a soft comforting expression on my face letting her know I'm not mad and that she's safe.

The feeling and the way she looked at me after touching her brought back so many memories. The ones back in Raccoon City.

When she would get nervous and start babbling while avoiding eye contact. Or the same look she would give when she thought she couldn't do anything right.

The ones she would give when she felt desperate for my touch... The ones she would give when I was touching her.. Mmh.

I snap out of my haze as I let my hand let go of her chin, her eyes still stay on mine with a slight twinkle. And I let them. The only thing I can think about right now is how breathtakingly beautiful she is.