chapter three.

once at the bus stop devonne put her headphones in her ear, putting on her demi playlist. this made her feel close to the other girl and give her some form of comfort. warrior was the first song to come on shuffle causing the brunette to frown. she hated how she wasn't there to help or protect her throughout those times but she's glad she recovered and got the help she needed. her thoughts were broken by the bus pulling up, so she hopped on the bus, and taking a seat. her phone was still buzzing from tweets and follows surrounding her first tweet notifications had to be turned off it was that bad. when the bus arrived at the location she wanted, she got off the bus thanking the driver. her heart was beating fast as she walked to the gate of her childhood home. she looked around, goosebumps arising as she took a deep breath trying to calm herself. she opened the gate, praying they still lived here. she knocked the door, shuffling her feet before she looked up as it opened. demi was stood on the other side, causing the brunette to smile huge when the door opened. "dems" she whispered, unable to talk any louder in fear of bursting into tears. demi's eyes widened before they filled up with tears. "dev?" she mumbled and gasped, registering her other half was actually at the door. devonne nodded with a small smile. "dev!" she squealed and wrapped her arms around the girl, her tears unable to be stopped from falling. devonne hugged her back, as she felt her whisper in her ear "i missed you so much" she whispered. a few seconds later and their hug was interrupted by a familiar voice. "demi, baby, i know you miss her, but you can't scream her name to everyone who comes to the door. it won't help." she said softly as if trying to not upset the girl. devonne was trying to figure out the voice while her head was buried in demi's chest. then she realised it was her mom. she moved her head away from demi as she was pulled inside. "it's really her, mom" she whispered before her mother pulled the same face demi pulled when opening the door. "hi" devonne whispered before feeling the older woman's arms around her waist holding her close. "babygirl, i missed you" she mumbled as the pair tugged her into the living room, tears down all three of their cheeks. "eddie get here!" the woman shouted out to her husband while he replied with an "okay but stop screaming." as he walked in, the girl ran to him, hugging him tight. she always was more of a daddy's girl. slightly. "devonne, is that you?" he spoke his voice cracking a little. unable to talk from all the emotions devonne nodded, before he picked the girl up, not caring for her age or height growth, placing her on his lap as they all sat on the sofa, holding each other. the first twin parent moment in six years. and boy had devonne missed it. "i'm sorry" she whispered as they all pulled away, a slight frown on her face, the distress obvious. confused faces appeared on the other three people in the wrong. "for, uh, you know. running and never coming back" she got out with a small shrug, the floor becoming increasingly interesting. her mother was the first to speak. "no, angel. you did return. we're sorry you even felt the need to run. even had a reason." demi nodded before speaking up. "can you tell us why?" she asked softly, assuming it was a touchy subject still for her twin. the new returned lovato nodded with a sigh. "i'll tell you everything. but can we wait for dallas and maddie?" she asked softly, noticing the absence of her other sisters. her mom informed her the pair would be back soon. devonne nodded, wrapping her arms back around demi, who then spoke. "i love you so much, dev. i hope you know that" the twin nodded a little. "that's why i returned. the tweets made me realise i really am loved here, i don't know why i didn't come back sooner." she whispered. she held the girl close, happy she was home. "i missed our hugs." demi mumbled as devonne agreed.

a few minutes later devonne was still in demi's arms, and the door opened. by now both the parents had gone to collect themselves and talk about devonne's return. hearing voices devonne sat up, squealing quietly as she heard dallas and assumingly madison. demi had to practically hold back the slightly smaller twin from running and hugging her older sister. footsteps walked up the stairs causing the twins to sigh. a young girl walked in the room with a confused look as she spotted the two girl's on the sofa. assuming it was maddie, devonne sat up with a smile. "wait why are there two demi's?" the youngest sibling asked confused before her mouth fell into an o shape, seeing demi's happy face. "wait! devonne?" she asked softly before she was pulled into a hug. "i'm sorry i wasn't here to watch you grow up." she whispered in the young girl's ear as they both let out a few tears. once the reunion had finished, they came up with a plan to tell dallas. nothing extraordinary, just simply calling her down and see how long it took her to notice. both of the twins told madison to call their eldest sister down, simultaneously, before maddie commented that it was creepy. "what do you expect, we're twins." they spoke again causing madison to eye roll and shake her head. "seriously, stop." she spoke and they both nodded letting out an "okay" causing their youngest sibling to glare at them. the pair trying to silence their laughter. once all three were under control, madison called dallas downstairs stating their was an emergency. this caused dallas to scream back an okay, before her footsteps were heard down the stairs. demi and devonne sat either side of maddie, waiting for their sister. a few seconds later dallas appeared from the doorway, asking maddie what she needed before she came to recognise the extra presence in the room. "devonne!" she screamed her eyes filling with tears before dev jumped up and hugged the girl, unable to wait any longer. "i missed you, dallas" she whispered to the girl as she got a similar yet cracked voice reply. demi and madison then joining the hug.

"oh my gosh that's the cutest thing ever. all my babies together" dianna whispered having walked in the room, with eddie. the mother of the four then joined the hug pulling the male with her. "back together at last." he whispered pulling his wife and children to him.