chapter six.

after waking up, devonne remembered the night before, and out of relief and happiness tears fell from her eyes. i'm so glad to be back she thought before the door opened. "hey hey dev what's wrong? why are you crying?" demi asked as she walked over to the bed. devonne sat up, and rubbed her cheeks clear. "devonne?" she asked again before the girl smirked. "sorry, i forgot i needed to reply to you" she teased as demi rolled her eyes. "very funny. but why were you crying?" she asked again, her voice laced with concern. "i just got emotional thinking about how much you are all helping me and how much i'm happy to be back." she shrugged slightly as demi smiled and hugged the girl. "dev, we're your family. of course we're going to help you." she spoke and as the girl thanked her she rolled her eyes. "seriously, stop thanking us. we love you and we want to help."

the pair decided (with help from devonne's puppy dog eyes) to trick their family the way they used to. they both walked into demi's room, getting changed into the other's style clothes. they checked themselves over and nodded. "now, you answer if they speak to me, and i answer if they speak to you." demi spoke while devonne nodded. "let's go." she said before they both walked down the stairs. they then walked into the living room and devonne sat next to her mother as that's what demi would do, and devonne sat a little further away, knowing that's what devonne would've done. "dev, you can come and sit with us. we don't bite" diana said to demi, falling for their plan. demi just nodded. "so, demi. what's it like having your twin back?" dallas asked jokingly, to devonne. "it's amazing. her and i are going to be inseparable. i can't wait to tell the world about you, dev" the girl (devonne) said, trying hard to act like her twin. she stood up and walked to demi. "love you sis" she said and the other replied pretty fast. "love you too." devonne then spoke looking to demi. "shall we do it together?" demi nodded. "you fell for it. lovato twins still have it!" they both said in sync. the family looked at the twins weirdly and rose their eyebrows. "i'm demi not devonne." demi cleared up. "and i'm devonne not demi." devonne added. they all rolled their eyes. "oh my gosh. never do it again. you totally had me and that scares me!" diana spoke shaking her head. demi and devonne ran up the stairs laughing, going into the guest room and sitting on the bed.

a little while later, maddie and dallas entered the room. "hey guys" demi and devonne said at the same time causing dallas to reply whereas maddie just sighed. "what, mads?" they both said at the same time again. "seriously. don't speak at the same time. it was creepy enough the first time." she spoke as the twins looked at each other and burst out laughing. "sorry" they both said between laughs causing dallas and maddie to glare at them. they just laughed more.

after they calmed down, demi asked. "so, not to be rude but why did you come in?" dallas hummed and said. "do you want a sister day? we have them often but never with dev" demi nodded and turned to devonne. "yeah, that sounds good. dev?" the girl was about to agree before she remembered she needed to ring jake. "i can't guys. i need to ring jake today." she spoke softly, wanting to get it over and done with and they nodded in understanding. "we forgot. if you need support we'll be in the garden chilling." maddie spoke before they both left the room.

silence took over the room for a little before demi spoke up. "shall we see if jake picks up his phone?" devonne nodded slowly getting nervous. they both stood and went to the living room, devonne messaging izzy once she had her phone in her hand, letting her know it was going well and she'd see her soon.

sitting on the couch, devonne pulled up the contact she was glad she'd refused to delete. "lover jake" it was still the same. she refused to changed it. devonne looked at demi and diana was now in the room raising her eyebrow. "it's okay." she said reassuringly before she pressed ring, putting it on speaker for her twin and mother to hear. a few rings later and the phone was picked up causing devonne's breathing to hitch. "hello, jake speaking, how may i help you?" his voiced filled devonne's ears causing her eyes to well up with tears. she doesn't answer straight away, trying to calm herself before he speaks again. "anyone there?" he spoke his voice filling the silent room. demi opened her mouth as if she was going to say something before devonne shook her head and spoke herself. "hi, jake. it's dev. devonne lovato." she said softly, chewing her inner cheek. a gasp filled the room. "dev? is it really you? oh dev baby. i've missed you so much." he spoke causing the females tears falling down her face, and as she looked up she saw her sisters tears threatening to fall. "i missed you too, love. how's my babygirl?" she asked her voice cracking. everyone could feel jakes smile through the phone. "she's good. she misses her momma though" he said honestly. a smile filled devonne's face. "come to my house? oh wait. no you're not in the same state anymore." jake cut her off with a small laugh. "baby, my parents realised they were wrong. they've been trying to find you since to make up for it. skye and i can come round. send me the address. i have to go. see you soon, babe." he spoke "bye, baby i'll see you soon. tell skye
mama said hi and she loves and misses her." she replied. "yes, i will, i saw your back with your family, so that's good. good luck, dev." he spoke before hanging up.

the moment the call ended, devonne collapsed into demi's arms, sobbing softly. "hey, devvy, calm down. you're going to see your babies tonight." she spoke and dev wiped her eyes and smiled softly before sitting up. "i know, it's just. overwhelming. being back with y'all then getting them back." she explained, before sitting up to hug demi and then her mother.

"thank you. none of this would've been possible without you. i love you all so much." she spoke as the other two shook their heads. "we're just here to support you. but we love you too." diana spoke. they all smiled before devonne spoke up. "mama, dems, can you come with me to my place today?" she asked with a pout. "devonne lovato. no need for the pout, you're my daughter of course i'll come." diana spoke and dev rose her eyebrow. "you just want to meet skye don't you?" she said with a laugh as she nodded with a smile. "dem?" she asked as the girl nodded agreeing to join her twin.