chapter thirteen.

it had been around a week since everything happened. a week since the kiss. a week since devonne spoke to demi. a week since anyone last spoke to demi. and in that week, jake has done everything to get devonne's trust back. everyone is ignoring demi. even maddie and dallas. they believe what she did was horrible.

skye and jake had left to have a father-daughter day, which means devonne was left alone in the tension of the lovato/de la garza household. reaching the door, devonne paused and looked up at demi's bedroom window. she felt bad for her, but she was hurt from her actions. reaching her hand up to her neck she held the necklace they share. she sighed softly and mumbled. "i love you dems. always and forever." she then entered the house and sat in the living room. tension was clearly in the air and demi wasn't even in the room. almost a minute after devonne had sat down, demi appeared down the stairs. she understood why devonne was hurt, but everyone else ignoring her just wasn't fair.

"hey guys" she spoke, but yet again was ignored. it was starting to hurt demi now. she'd tried to fix it, but no one would listen. demi took a deep breath and sighed. "seriously... it's been a week. i understand you, dev. but mom, dad, dallas and maddie i haven't done anything to you!" yet again she was ignored. it's because you're worthless. the voices were back. we never left you, demi. they don't love you anymore, devonne is the favourite now.  shut up. we will, after you do it. you know the drill. no. i'm not. shut up. she argued with them back and forth as she ran up the stairs. demi grabbed a backpack and shoved important things inside. she decided she was going to stay with wilmer if no one here wanted her. he will help block her demons. demi and wilmer made up, as demi was honest with him and he said he loved her too much to lose her, and so long as it was only a kiss he doesn't mind as much.

demi walked downstairs, and left the house, without saying bye. reaching her boyfriends house she knocked the door, tears falling down her face. the door opened and wilmer answered. "hello - wait, dems, baby whats wrong?" he asked which only caused her to cry more. he pulled her into a hug and carried her inside. sitting on the sofa he rubbed her back and wiped her tears. once she was calmed down, he spoke up again. "baby, what's wrong?" he asked concerned. "well, with the whole devonne, jake me thing, dev has been ignoring me." she said, stopping to wipe her tears off her cheeks. "which is understandable, baby" demi nodded and sighed. "yes, but the whole family is ignoring me now too. whenever i talk to mom, dad, dallas or maddie they just pretend i'm not there. it's been a week and they haven't even let me explain. and and my demons are back. the voices." she admitted, her tears falling again. wilmer pulled his girlfriend into a hug and whispered gently. "babe, ignore them. they're lying. what are they saying?" he asked. "they're saying they're ignoring me because i'm worthless and they prefer devonne now. and telling me to, you know." wilmer instantly grabbed her wrists gently and checked her. "i didn't babe. i came here, to you, instead." she whispered as he sighed in relief. "can i stay here?" she asked causing him to nod.