chapter five.

devonne had fell asleep pretty fast after such a hectic day. demi moved the girl off her chest, pulling a blanket over her before standing up. once she stood she picked her phone up, snapping a photo of the sleeping girl.

@/ddlovato: finally back with my twin sister. dev, you look adorable when you're asleep. now i wonder what i look like when i sleep. anyways, i love you dev, always and forever.

she posted on twitter along with the attached photo. she then left the guest room, heading into her own room to get changed for bed. once she was changed she ran downstairs, saying night to her family. leaving the living room the household heard a scream, causing them to raise to their feet. the parents running to madison's room where she lay peacefully asleep, compared to demi and dallas who ran to devonne's room, seeing the girl talking and screaming in her sleep. "skye, jake. no. please" she sobbed out, fully asleep. "i love you, please." she spoke before dianna walked in and woke the sleeping girl. she sat up startled and wiped her eyes. "what happened?" she stuttered out. "you had a nightmare" their mother spoke before making sure she was okay. once she had confirmed she was fine, the family left the twins alone in the room.

demi sat on the bed beside the girl, before speaking up. "can we uh, talk?" the girl asked her twin before devonne nodded, confused. "before you woke up, you kept calling out for skye and jake. saying no and that you love them. uh, is here more to the six years than you're telling us? who are skye and jake?" she asked softly, not wanting to upset her sister. devonne sighed softly and sat up a little, rubbing her eyes with her fists.

getting lost in her thoughts, devonne was broken out of them by demi. "dev?" she asked before adding. "who are jake and skye?" she asked as the girl sighed. she was hoping she wouldn't have to tell them. not yet at least.

sitting in the bedroom scrolling through my phone she heard a boy call out. "babe! skye's crying!" jake called up the stairs. she ran down the stairs to see her two year old downstairs sat on the couch sobbing. "babygirl what's wrong" she asked softly as the small girl whimpered and whines. she pulled her into a hug rubbing her back as she spoke. "i'm tired"  she whispered through her sobs. "okay, angel lets go say goodnight to daddy then we can take you upstairs to bed." she spoke to the little one, before picking her up and heading to her boyfriend. "hey babes, skye is going to bed. she's sleepy and grumpy because of it." she explained as he walked over to them. "night skye, baby, i love you princess" he spoke before getting pouted at by devonne. "what, baby?" he asked his girl with a small chuckle. "i thought i was your princess?" he rolled his eyes a little and laughed. "no baby, you're my queen." he spoke, before kissing her cheek and walking away. little did devonne know that would be one of her last days with them.

"dev? devonne?" she heard her twins voice and she looked at her, shaking the memory out her head. "yes?" she spoke, seeing her parents and sisters also stood in the room. "you zoned out." dallas explained as the girl nodded. "so, can you tell us the rest of your story?" demi asked, having updated the family that her twin had missed out some sections. "okay, i guess" she sighed, humming softly. they all sat on the bed, nudging the girl up so they could all fit, including maddie who didn't look tired at all anymore.

devonne took a deep breath and sighed softly. "the day i ran away" she started. this was it. once she told them this story, she would have nothing hidden. "i didn't just meet izzy. i also met this boy called jake. he was so sweet. heart eyes from the second i saw him." she spoke, smiling in memory of that day as dallas interrupted. "my baby sister had a crush!!"  devonne rolled her eyes with a groan. "sorry, sorry, carry on babes" she spoke before the other girl continued her story. "anyways so we were great friends. then we started dating. he officially asked me out, and one night just over four years ago, one stick changed our lives forever. the family all let out quiet gasps, mumbling about a pregnancy test. devonne didn't answer, but just continued with the story. "then nine months later, i got my whole world given to me. my baby girl." she said softly, chewing her inner cheek. "go on, carry on baby." her mother spoke, sensing there was more to the story. "a year ago. jake, skye and i were in a car crash. no one was badly injured, but i was driving and jake's parents needed any excuse and they never have liked me. so they took jake and skye away from me. they took my baby away. and moved away. i haven't seen either of them for a year. i had no courage to call him, nor back up to get my daughter back." she spoke tears falling down her eyes as everyone else looked almost as sad. demi spoke up, rubbing devonne's back. "devvy. i'm so sorry. we had no idea." before their mom spoke up. "devonne, ring him in the morning. we're all here to support you now." looking up, the girl nodded with a small smile. "i just want my babies back. if i still have his number, i will ring him in the morning." she smiled a little. and once they knew it was safe too dallas, demi and maddie all jumped up squealing. "now you're not crying and you're okay, we can do this." dallas spoke before maddie screamed. "i'm an aunt!" devonne rolled her eyes but fondly smiled at her family as her mother pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead.

everyone had left the room a few minutes later, to head to bed, but demi stayed put, smirking at her twin. "whattt?" devonne extended out. "check twitter." she spoke and the girl rose her eyebrow, picking her phone up and opening twitter. "demetria! you put a picture of me sleeping? ew! wait! you were watching me sleep? creep." demi just laughed and left the room with a wink, leaving devonne to go back to sleep.