chapter seven.

the trio had been at devonne's place for around an hour when the doorbell rang. standing up, demi gave her twin a nod of reassurance before devonne headed to the door. she chewed her inner cheek as she opened the door. the sight of her ex lover caused tears to pool in her eyes. "hey jake." she whispered, a smile taking over her face. "hey dev, now come hug me, it's been way too long." he spoke pulling the female into her arms. the sleeping little girl in jake's arms arose at the movement, and jake spoke softy to her as he pushed the hair out her face. "daddy? who is this?" skye asked before jake smiled at devonne, then back to his daughter. "you know how i told you your mommy was sent away and couldn't take you?" she nodded, before turning to devonne. "is this my mommy?" she asked quietly, before jake nodded, telling the small girl she was. "mommy! i missed you." she spoke, devonne taking her from jake, tears now falling down the lovato's eyes. "i missed you just as much. it was so hard living without you." she whispered hugging her daughter tight and not letting her go.

leading jake into the living room, devonne carried skye. "who are they, momma?" skye asked, pointing to demi and diana, who were in shock the small girl was already calling her mommy. devonne sat down on the couch, with skye on her lap, jake following behind. "skye, this is your auntie demi, and your grandma, okay? you do have two more aunts but they are at their house." she said softly, watching the small girl. "okay, mama. hi auntie dems, hi grandma." she said cuddling close to her mom as she waved at the pair. "what's your name, sweetheart?" diana asked causing the little girl to stand up. "i'm skylar-may rose lovato. but call me skye or else i bite." this caused them all to laugh, including jake. "you taught my daughter sass?" devonne teasingly accused jake with an eyebrow raise. "actually, no, you taught our daughter sass." he smirked causing the female to roll her eyes.

a few hours later and they'd all been watching disney, and apparently that makes skye, demi and diana all fall asleep. that meant it left jake and devonne alone. they both stood and went to the kitchen knowing they had to talk at some point about everything. devonne sits on the countertop as he began to talk.

"so, now everything is out in the open, i was wondering where this leaves us." he spoke with a clearly nervous smile. "and that we needed a private catch up" dev nodded in agreement. "well, let's catch up first." she spoke, before he nodded and took a shaky breath. "well theres not much to be honest. my parents realised they were wrong and feel bad you weren't able to see skye for like a year. they desperately want to make it up for it. skye is great but she has missed her mama so much. she would ask for a hug from you every night even though we told her you got sent away. and well, i'm doing okay. i miss you though." he said softly near the end and looked up to look at his ex. "that's all." he said causing devonne to nod, taking all the information in.

"when you left i have to be honest i was a wreck. all i wanted was you and skye in my arms. i have any family support either only izzy." she sighed before continuing. "then it was 6 years since i ran you, and may have seen demi's tweet and interview. i sure did. it made me realise they did all miss me and love me still. so i tweeted and went to see them and thats about up to date. well, long story short anyways." she  said with a small smile, a couple tears falling from her eyes.

"hey hey, dev why are you crying?" jake asked wiping them away with his thumb. "i just, really missed you." she mumbled. "i missed you too." he said before looking nervous. "i know this is probably too soon, but considering we didn't stop seeing each other only because of my parents, will you be my girlfriend again?"

devonne's eyes widened and she jumped down from the counter, wrapping his arms around her waist. "of course." she whispered, tears in her eyes. she took a deep breath and looked up at him. "jake?" she said softly. "will you and skye move back in? i need my babies back home with me." she said softly causing him to nod and smile.

jake takes her hand and leads her back to the living room, as they both lay down on the couch with skye. finally back together in each other's arms they fell to sleep the easiest they ever have.