chapter nine.

devonne woke up in a good mood knowing that her life is back, and her boyfriend and daughter were in the process of moving back in. she went into demi's room to see her fast asleep. walking to the wardrobe she grabbed some clothes knowing that her twin wouldn't mind. just as she was about to leave she remembered demi's tweet from her asleep and decided some revenge was in order. she snapped a photo of her sleeping twin and posted it to twitter.

payback! demi asleep. we actually do look super similar asleep. well that's what happens when you're twins i guess. love you dems. #sorrynotsorry #payback.

leaving demi to sleep, she went back to the guest room and changed from her pyjamas to demi's clothes. once ready for the day she headed downstairs to see her mom and maddie already downstairs eating breakfast.

"morning dev" the early risers spoke once spotting the girl, "morning momma, mads" she replied. "there's toast for you on the side if you want it" dianna told her daughter, causing dev to grab a slice and sit with maddie at the table. noticing the bag beside her she turned to maddie with a slight eyebrow raise. "school? really?" she asked, causing the youngest sister to nod and sigh, looking at the table with a frown. "mom?" devonne spoke up after a couple minutes, causing her to look at her daughter. "can maddie please stay home these two days, i want to have some family time, including maddie. please?" she spoke adding her infamous puppy eyes for extra effect. the mom of the pair, sighed and nodded. "okay, okay, maddie you're lucky she woke up before you left." they smiled at each other before maddie jumped up to hug her older sister. "thanks dev. sisters day?" she asked causing a nod. "sisters day."

after eating breakfast the pair vacated to the living room and watched the television for a little while, before devonne spoke up. "you know i love you so much, right mads?" the younger nodded with a smile. "and i love you so much too, dev" devonne didnt answer, but instead kissed her temple. however the moment didnt last long as two people jump on them, ruining the moment. they happened to be the oldest sister, and the other twin. "way to ruin the moment, guys" maddie said, with dev nodding in agreement.

"mads are you staying home today?" dallas asked maddie. "yes, and tomorrow. thanks to dev. we thought we needed a sister day" she replied. nodding in excitement, they threw ideas out before they settled on the beach. once they were all ready with purses and phones, they jumped in demi's car. just as she starts driving she yells "let's go to the beach" causing the lovato/de la garza sister's to burst out singing starships, ending in laughter. "that just proves we're sisters" dallas pointed out.

after hours of fun at the beach, demi got a call. she answered it, cheerfully and then her face dropped. "i'm so sorry. of course. i'll be there soon!" she replied before looking apologetically at her sisters. "i forgot i had a concert planned today, so we need to go soon." she said with a pout. "but you're all coming to watch" she spoke, looking especially at devonne who hadn't seen demi perform live in six years. "oh my gosh, my first demi lovato concert! i can't wait! i'm so excited!" she squealed out in a high pitch voice, pretending to fangirl. this caused her sisters to look at her and laugh, before demi rolled her eyes. "but anyways, i have a fun idea for this concert. dev, how do you feel about tricking my lovatics?" confused, the girl raised her eyebrow. "sure, but how?" demi said she would explain on the way to the venue.

once at the venue, they met dianna and eddie, and devonne was up to date with demi's plan, along with the rest of the family and workers. as demi was ready, the show started. watching from the sidelines, devonne proudly smiled through every song she sang. she performed heart attack, warrior, gyhab and hwga. tears filled dev's eyes hearing warrior, but she wiped them away before anyone could see them. at the end of the songs, demi ran offstage and handed the microphone to her twin sister, and sensing the nerves she whispered in her ear. "you'll do great"

the sister who had never been on a stage before walked out, at first overwhelmed by the amount of people but tried to hide it to keep her cover. she announced the q and a, before answering some questions. about half way through, many people's phones went off, including devonne's. acting as demi, she jokingly said "glad to know you all went on silent for my show" but as the majority checked their phones she managed to sneak a look at her own. demi had tweeted with a photo.

@/ddlovato: love hanging with my family backstage waiting to go back on stage for my concert q and a.

then a dozen hands in the front row went up, causing devonne to pick one. "how did you just tweet a picture of you backstage when you're onstage?" devonne stayed silent for a second before starting to walk backwards. "i guess it's easier to show you" she ran off and grabbed demi, before the pair walked back onstage.

"hey guys," demi spoke with a wave. "i'm demi lovato" she smiled. "and i'm devonne lovato" she said shyly with a smile. "and the lovato twins just tricked you all" they spoke, laughing. the audience cheered and clapped. and once demi had finished off her concert, saying her last few parts, they headed offstage, before going home with the world knowing about devonne.